Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should it stay or should it go? Head and cabinet for a floorpreamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by De Teng, Aug 6, 2005.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hey guys,

Since a few weeks I've been thinking of selling my head and cabinet. It's a Peavey T-Max and a Bag End Q10X-D. It's great stuff, and I am really really happy with it, but... it is large and heavy and I don't use it a lot, because I've got a tiny practice amp at home. Getting dusty over here... In the rehearsing room or with gigs, there's always backline present, walking it to the practicing room is always a hard job and things can get a bit annoying.

I now own a custom bass (Jazz type) with my desired EBS effects. Through lots of amps this combination rules. No kidding. I've heard a lot of positive stuff about the Bassbone for instance, or the EBS Microbass II. Financially it is more healthy for me and I won't have that bulky thing wandering around here anymore.

If I take the floorpreamp, I could afford the Akai Headrush and in addition to that I've got some coins to afford rehearsing in the next periods. Otherwise that's going to be difficult too.... :ninja:

Difficult choice... but what would you do? Advice is always welcome, bring it on!

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Bump... not interested in giving comments..? :eyebrow:

3. It seems that your situation is a lot different than mine but I can't imagine not having my own power and speakers. Even if you don't need it now there will likely be a time when you wish you had it. It's also interesting that you say your bass sounds great through lots of amps but you are interested in adding a tone changing preamp to the backline. I can't figure out why you would want to do that.

I say keep your stuff. :D