Should it stay or should it go? Head and cabinet for a floorpreamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by De Teng, Aug 6, 2005.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hey guys,

Since a few weeks I've been thinking of selling my head and cabinet. It's a Peavey T-Max and a Bag End Q10X-D. It's great stuff, and I am really really happy with it, but... it is large and heavy and I don't use it a lot, because I've got a tiny practice amp at home. Getting dusty over here... In the rehearsing room or with gigs, there's always backline present, walking it to the practicing room is always a hard job and things can get a bit annoying.

I now own a custom bass (Jazz type) with my desired EBS effects. Through lots of amps this combination rules. No kidding. I've heard a lot of positive stuff about the Bassbone for instance, or the EBS Microbass II. Financially it is more healthy for me and I won't have that bulky thing wandering around here anymore.

If I take the floorpreamp, I could afford the Akai Headrush and in addition to that I've got some coins to afford rehearsing in the next periods. Otherwise that's going to be difficult too.... :ninja:

Difficult choice... but what would you do? Advice is always welcome, bring it on!

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Bump... not interested in giving comments..? :eyebrow:

3. It seems that your situation is a lot different than mine but I can't imagine not having my own power and speakers. Even if you don't need it now there will likely be a time when you wish you had it. It's also interesting that you say your bass sounds great through lots of amps but you are interested in adding a tone changing preamp to the backline. I can't figure out why you would want to do that.

I say keep your stuff. :D