1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should of took gc offer

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by deshi00, May 13, 2010.

1. deshi00

deshi00

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus ohio
    went to guitar center today, to see what i could get for the hartke vx3500 410 combo, after the 15% trade in and working with me a little they got me to around 240$, 60$ away from the acoustic 410 i wanted. i told them id think about it and try to get a few more buck by selling it on craigslist. on the way home, the amp is in the front seat of my 95 civic, the only place it fits, and it decided to slide foward and put a huge spiderweb crack into my windsheild. so instead of spending 60$ at gc and getting a new cab, i now have to buy a windsheild :crying:

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Why was it not sealtbelted in??

3. pbagley

pbagley

Jun 2, 2008
    Ham Lake, MN
    Bummer on the windshield. Here in MN glass coverage is pretty much standard since most windshields only last 4-5 years.

Next time you may want to belt that combo in. Seat belts save more than just lives.

All the best,

- Paul

4. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    suck to be you. wish i could get that hartke combo for $240, nice unit when you have PA support

5. Buy some goggles and kick out the windshield. It's legal in WA!

6. deshi00

deshi00

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus ohio
    yeh they originally offered me 180$, its a good amp i just want something new. not sure why i didn't seat belt it in, the front seat was reclined all the way back and it didnt budge on the way there.
    taking the car in tomorrow, 150$ for the windshield

7. Well, at least the Hartke didn't get damaged so you can still trade it in the future!

I was thinking the combo got damaged somehow and therefore worthless to trade.

8. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    I keep a tie down strap around my passenger seat just for amps :). Here in FL windshields get paid for by your insurance and they can't raise your rates.....bummer.

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Should have taken the GC offer.

You could have gone with the contraction, which you kind of spelled phonetically, e.g., "Should've taken ..."

10. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    I agree with Munji...

Dan K.

11. Munji is a fellow defender of proper English usage; I would not have been as kind.

12. Ozonbass

Ozonbass Gold Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Chicago

As a member of the grammar police...I thank you. I carry a Sharpie around to fix signs in stores...my wife yells at me, but I just can't help myself.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Usually I take a ration of crap over my grammar lessons. I'm just trying to help, out of love for my fellow TBers.

14. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Ham Lake must be a much different driving experience than the cities