1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should the first one to respond to an ad be the one to get it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Left Left Goose, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    fire in cairo listed an amp for local sale, not shipped
    i contacted him and asked if he could ship it
    he was adament about not shipping so i asked if he would deliver
    again a no go

today some1 asks him to deliver it to tennessee
    he said no to the guy
    i offer to out bid the other guy
    other guy asks him to ship
    he says YES
    within 10mins its packed and sent

i ask him/her whats going on
    his response "better luck next time"

in the butt :rollno:

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Huh?

3. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    ditto.. :eyebrow:

4. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    whats unclear?

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The seller can do whatever he wants, this isn't Ebay. It's not an auction. It's not Wal-Mart customer service where you can take a ticket for a complaint.

I am fair with all of my transactions, but I decide who to ship to period.

How much feedback do you have on here anyway?

EDIT: I just checked, been a member for less than a month and zero feedback. I would hesistate as well unless you could provide a postive Ebay transaction list or something.

I think a mod should sticky this as a lesson that you don't complain about a private business transaction in public.

6. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    had he actually gotten that far, i would be more than happy to prived an edbay account with over 150 + feedback and 0 -

"better luck next time" isnt a response u give when u question some1s trustability

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Still something you take up with the seller directly, not by calling them out on the forums.

8. scootron

scootron Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    I read the posts on the seller's listing. You had asked him to deliver from New Orleans to California, which wasn't very realistic.

The other guy was the first to offer to pay the asking price plus shipping. When the seller said he'd take $275 shipped, it looks like the other guy was the first respond, and that looks like it was an hour and a half later.

What exactly are you complaining about? Because you expressed an interest first? That is not the same as making or accepting a firm offer.

Fenderhutz is right, though. This should be a private matter between the two of you.

9. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Better then leaving a message a few times and posting with no response what so ever as to what happened. Something such as this has happened to me recently on the forums. Eh, their loss I guess.

10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Left Left Goose, airing your complaint in an open forum is inappropriate. This only affects you and the seller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.