Should we?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Nov 25, 2004.

1. My band have just found a Peavey PA system for about £560, but when they checked on the Peavey website it should have been over a thousand. They checked it thoroughly, and it is exactly the same. It's on Academy Of Sound's website. Do you reckon we should throw some money together and buy it? It's 1200 watts, 8 channel, 6 speaker, and has a feed back filter.
  2. Sounds almost too good to be true - therefore, it probably is!!

From past (and bitter) experience, if you are buying from the Academy of S****, be VERY VERY careful, OK?
  3. why do we have to be careful from AOS? They're a very good company!
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    No, you do have to be careful. They treat their equipment like s*** nick. Didnt i tell you about the treatment i saew Fender American series basses getting by one of their 'techs' and dont you remember the infamous 'its got two preamps, so yeah, you get twice the volume.'

AOS aren't great. But we're stuck with them in this country, especially after the sounds live merger.
  5. Hang on, the guy at AOS in Leeds fixed my warwick thumb in seconds, he knew exactly what he's doing.
  6. One person can't always represent a whole company's actions.
  7. hmmm... does the PA Rig Growl?

Yes = Buy it!
    No = Move on..

ahah nah im jus kiddin.. sounds like the AOS sounds like POS operation. trust the guys on the board with the experience.. it will save you major headache/heartache later on...

dont be careless when it comes to your money!!
  8. We bought it anyway! lol, the rest of the band has made their mind up, so we got it. It's just the monitor, we need to buy the speakers seperate. It is HUGE. Like 1200watts. It's gonna be so damn powerful. I can't wait!
  9. so that was the catch eh? your original post said 6 speakers blah blah blah, and all you got was a monitor? perhaps you meant mixer...
  10. I dunno what it is, but it has 8 channels, 6 speaker outputs, and about 2 billion knobs and switches. I think it said it was a monitor, but I didn't read it too much, my dad did that and checked it was what we're after.
  11. then its not a monitor (a monitor is a speaker...). its the mixer/power amp.
    i suggest you do some research before spending money. how can you come ask us if you should buy an item when you dont even know what it is...?
  12. My band knows what it is, my dad knwos what it is, and it's what we're after. I didn't do the buying, my dad did. It was mainly him and the lead singer/guitarist who did the research.
  13. What?! We need something so that we can go and do private parties and stuff, and have a decent mixer and stuff.
  14. You asked for advice about buying a 1.2kw PA system including 6 speaker cabs for £560.

You ACTUALLY bought what may or may not be a powered mixer for the same amount of money.

I repeat: "God save us!!"
  15. O right, yes it's a powered mixer. I asked my dad.
  16. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
  17. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    no offense to young nick but..........

experience shows that when nick asks for an opinion he's going to do what he wants regardless of input and will get quite offended if anyone offers an opposing viewpoint, regardless of any facts or experience they may present.

enjoy the pa