shoulder problems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lowb, Aug 14, 2000.

1. lowb

Jul 27, 2000
    London, UK
    Can anyone help. I play a lot and my bass is pretty heavy, about 11 pounds. I get quite a lot of pain and aching, in my left shoulder, it comes even when I'm not playing. Other then getting a lighter bass or wearing one of those double straps (which look a bit cak), is there anything i can do. Maybe it's my posture, would building my shoulder muscle help?

2. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Before you do anything, see a doctor and get that shoulder checked out. There could be any number of things wrong with it, ( or maybe nothing at all!). I've had the same problem for quite some time. Turned out it was bursitis. Nothing serious, but very painful.

The doc gave me some medication and some excersises to do, and now the pain is gone.

Good Luck!!!
  3. Col_Forbin

Aug 14, 2000
    i have the same problem, same shoulder...i find that when i play with the neck angled a bit more upward, it hurts a little less...but after each gig or practice (and before as well) do some stretches...things like rolling your shoulder around and your arm too...and while you're at it don't forget your hands...i bend my hands upward for 20 seconds a piece then bend them down...then i do each finger on each hand, 20 seconds a piece...
    hope that helps u out!