1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shouldn't my my home computer recognize my iphone as an itunes player?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Or is that just wishful thinking?

2. if apple had something other than contempt for it's users then maybe.

3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Now that's funny!!

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's one thing I'll never understand. They only see their user base as a cash cow yet they have hands down the best customer service I've seen.

As for the topic at hand, unless you're seriously invested in the iUniverse it would be much better to use a better media player (foobar, winamp, etc) and a non-Apple mp3 player.

5. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Also , VLC media player.

6. Sometimes it irks me my router loses its connection, but the century old technique of unplugging it when it works wrong and then plugging it back in hasn't failed me.

True story.

7. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    Indeed wishful thinking. :D

8. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    You want to play the music on the iPod through the computer, or control the computer using the iPod and play the music on the computer's hard drive? You need to describe the rest of the setup- are you playing this through a stereo system? Are you using an AppleTV or Airport Express? Those can be used to play iTunes through the stereo and with the Remote app or Home Sharing, you can play the computer's music through an AppleTV.

9. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Treating people well through their CS is a good way to retain customers. I use AppleCare fairly often and I don't think I have had a bad experience. I wish I could say the same about some of the other companies.

AppleTV works great for this- I was working with three of them in one house with iPad, iPhone and iMac as sources for iTunes music and the iMac's Home Sharing set up to the media cound be played on the AppleTVs. If more than one AppleTV is in the network, each can stream from the same computer simultaneously, too.

10. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Your home computer should recognize the iPhones superiority and bow before it.