1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shout-out to Acoustic Image

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spacecase, Mar 16, 2014.

1. I've been going to a weekly local blues jam for the past several month. Recently, the bassist in the house band, who typically brings a small speaker cabinet with an Acoustic Image amplifier, started bringing a small PA rig. When I asked why, he said his regular amp was on the fritz.

Several weeks passed and I asked if it was in repair and was told it wasn't. Since I had the wherewithal to perhaps fix it, I offered to look at it. When I got back home and pulled the lid off the amp, I quickly saw a part that had been overstressed. The next day, I called Acoustic Image to see if a replacement was available, and the president of the company, Rick Jones, answers the phone. I tell him what I see, and he says the amp can be fixed under warranty. This, mind you, is a 12-year old product. What's published on the web site indicates the warranty is honored within 5 years of the date of purchase.

Well, the amp has been fixed and it's back in service. I feel the need to acknowledge the events that transpired.

It's refreshing to call a phone number for product service and have a human answer. It's unusual when the president of the company answers. It's remarkable when service is offered gratis when it's not expected. This is why I love dealing with small companies. Even if the product initially costs a bit more, it's worth it in the end. A big shout-out to Acoustic Image and Rick Jones.

2. SassyHardwrench

SassyHardwrench

Mar 19, 2014
    I have an AI Corus because I also play guitar. A few years ago I blew the midrange speaker. I called and Rick diagnosed the problem over the phone - and I had a new speaker in 3 days. I've had a problem with one of the input jacks, This summer I sent the head in for repair and in about a week I got it back. My amp is 9 years old. Now I play the U-bass through it and WOW WOW WOW! I have used this amp with a big band. Once the guitar player was sick and was a no- show. He also supplied the PA. No problem.. I put the singer through the other channel of the AI. Good to go. Plus 19 lbs is a winner.