1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show last night, guest singer?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Kickin'Fruit, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Heh, had a show last night. Sitting around the bar, one of the regulars, a 74 year old man, wearing a navy knit cap, short asian guy, starts talking to me about how he's a great singer and sings some frank sinatra. He also asked me if I was coming to karaoke the next night. He proceeded to tell the rest of my band members the same story.

So halfway through our performance, he's been in the front row dancing and air guitaring the whole time, when our lead guitarist introduces him.

Well, the guy took it like we wanted him to sing for us. He got a hold of the mic so we went with it to not cause a scene. He started singing an old blues song and our drummer had a nice slow beat going i just hit a note in what I thought was the key he was singing, then did a little blusey number. Then my guitarist joins in keyboards the whole deal and we jazzed it up a little. The guy actually sounded good with a band playing behind him! The crowd loved it. I think it redeemed me from screwing up in the beginning.

2. CoDBassPlayer

CoDBassPlayer

Oct 30, 2006
    Aksarben
    Nice. If the crowd really liked it you should get him to sit in for a few songs every time you play there if he wants to. You may even attract some new fans or friends of his!(This may REALLY help if you get paid % of door.)

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Cornell , IL.
    Who needs to practice? Just wing it.