1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Show me some models!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 11, 2005.

1. No not chicks but built models. I am just getting back into building and thought I would share some pics of my current project about 50% completed. It is my all time favorite car a 1932 ford coupe.

HPIM0431.

HPIM0430.

So, if you build post up!

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Opening this thread and then reading what it's about was a dissapointment. :p

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah, I was expecting Jazzbo to clamp it down real quick. Just goes to show how we've developed one-track minds about words.

I used to build all the car models, planes, the Enterprise, and the Klingon cruiser by Revell, AMT, etc. After a while, we blew them up with M80's and other assorted fireworks being kids and all that. But I still dig seeing 'em built.

4. But I'm with ya. 99% WW-II aircraft, a few tanks & the odd 1/8 scale motorcycle. And of course I used to blow them up w/firecrackers. Part of growing up.
    BTW, the Ford looks cool.

5. thanks man

6. Oh, man! So, I wasn't the only one who did that!!! :D

The other way to get rid of an old model was to put a tube of glue inside, light it up and pretend the fuel tank got hit. :D

Here's one site to buy plastic model kits: http://www.daveswebshop.com/airmain.shtml

Personally, I like 1/48 scale kits; 1/72 is too small for fighter planes.

Ah, the memories. :cool:

Mike ;)

7. Schmemories! I have 3 dozen unfinished models in the basement! I'm a great 'starter', no kind of 'finisher'... :rolleyes: