Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show me some models!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 11, 2005.

1. No not chicks but built models. I am just getting back into building and thought I would share some pics of my current project about 50% completed. It is my all time favorite car a 1932 ford coupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, if you build post up!

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Opening this thread and then reading what it's about was a dissapointment. :p

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yeah, I was expecting Jazzbo to clamp it down real quick. Just goes to show how we've developed one-track minds about words.

I used to build all the car models, planes, the Enterprise, and the Klingon cruiser by Revell, AMT, etc. After a while, we blew them up with M80's and other assorted fireworks being kids and all that. But I still dig seeing 'em built.

4. But I'm with ya. 99% WW-II aircraft, a few tanks & the odd 1/8 scale motorcycle. And of course I used to blow them up w/firecrackers. Part of growing up.
    BTW, the Ford looks cool.

5. thanks man

6. Oh, man! So, I wasn't the only one who did that!!! :D

The other way to get rid of an old model was to put a tube of glue inside, light it up and pretend the fuel tank got hit. :D

Here's one site to buy plastic model kits: http://www.daveswebshop.com/airmain.shtml

Personally, I like 1/48 scale kits; 1/72 is too small for fighter planes.

Ah, the memories. :cool:

Mike ;)

7. Schmemories! I have 3 dozen unfinished models in the basement! I'm a great 'starter', no kind of 'finisher'... :rolleyes: