Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show me your black P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LKK, Nov 4, 2002.

1. LKK

LKK

Sep 4, 2002
    When I first started with bass, I was completely turned off by the look of Fender P bass. Its really old fashion!!! and what?! only "one" pickup? No way I'm going to play that thing.

It took me three years to be convinced that only a fender P can give me that sound I need. I want to get myself a P bass. I'm looking for a maple neck, black body with a black pickguard. If you have such a combination, please share a picture of your black P. TQ

2. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Lousy picture, but you get the idea. It looks great in person. Kind of Harleyish!

3. The one in the middle is a '78 with a "c" neck, refretted with super jumbo frets, re-radiused to 12", Rio Grande "Muy Grande" P and Basslines SJB-2 in the bridge.

She plays like butta' and sounds like a P should! :)
    [​IMG]

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    My Black 83 that I just traded for a Sting RI
    [​IMG]

5. LKK

LKK

Sep 4, 2002
    Thanks for all the pics. The all black P's are great.

I played a few P at the shop this morning. I feel the neck of the MIM P is too thin. The neck of the Am standard is just right and the broken it feel is great. I like the Am std black P with maple neck. Most likely I'm going to get it and put a black pickguard on it immediately.

6. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
  7. How about a black P-bass, maple fretboard, with a mirror pickguard? ;)

8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    The black one is a 78, with a 62 RI pickup and a Badass 2.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    A black Squier P, also with a 62 RI pickup and a Badass 2.