1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Show me your blue w/ black pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wtf_is_a_bass, Apr 7, 2009.

1. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    Ive got a black pickguard ordered for my new blue jazz, but im somewhat anxious as to what it will look like. If you have a blue bass (preferably a lighter blue such as blue agave, or lake placid rather than a darker blue like electron blue) with a black pickguard, i would like to see it :)

Oh and as an addition to the thread, i was just wondering if anybody could put a name on the colour of my bass, it is a very transitional colour and is hard to define with pictures. This picture probably best represents it. Also if anybody could figure out the possible year model? Its an older MIM that came stock with strat knobs.
    1128ivm.

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    Nothing gives me more GAS than a blue bass.... evil you are.

3. looks kinda dark on my monitor . . . maybe Bright Sapphire Metallic or Blue Agave???

4. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    As evil as i am, i appreciate what i interpreted as a compliment :) At first i only bought this bass for its value and its quality that was incosistent to find in MIM's - i wasnt a fan of its colour. But im slowly falling in love with it

Oh and im pretty sure its not sapphire metallic (too dark to be this bass) or blue agave :meh: Its metallic and seems to have the most tiniest, tiniest tinge of green ie. it doesnt look like a pure blue.

5. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
  6. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    king for that would be a tort guard

7. pattyløve

pattyløve

Apr 7, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Engineering, D'addario
    Yeah im guna order me one of them eventually too :)

8. Looks like Lake Placid Blue on my monitor. But I know that blue doesn't always photograph very well. For some reason the camera wants to take the green out.

9. pattyløve

pattyløve

Apr 7, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Its not very green at all. Its just as if one spec of green accidently fell on it and so they just mixed it in. You know what, im guna even take back my green statement and just say its not a pure blue. :smug:

Im thinking lake placid as well

10. I wasn't saying your bass was green, but that cameras tend to take the green out of a bluish tint. They make blue look more blue than it looks in person.

11. too light for electron blue, too blue for agave, looks like lake placid, but did the strat knob mims come in lake placid?

12. pattyløve

pattyløve

Apr 7, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    I swear i bumped this already.. possibly a dream or wrong thread i bumped?

Anyway, blue/black pics? :(

13. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    I went from blue with white to blue on blue

14. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i don't own this one anymore ,
    but here's a pretty good shot of what she looked like ... :D
    jazz-9.

peace,
    dave

15. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    There you have it. Same bass, different fretboard.

Amd agreeing with Eaglemoon, as always, that a tort guard would make this bass almost too god to be true.

16. BassBob185

BassBob185

Oct 25, 2007
    Rocking Chair
    As I recall Savit260 has a great looking blue bass with a tort pick guard. If I could have found a tort that would fit the SX I would have gone with it.