Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show me your cheap bass gig pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Interested to see if anyone actual uses their cheapo in a gig. I did the search!

2. [​IMG]

That's me playing my Dean Rhapsody. That was durring summer camp for the teens at my church. I got that bass off of ebay for $300. I thought it was a steal, it's a very nice bass.

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I don't have a pic, but I played a lot of them with a sx 5 string.

4. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    Not trying to change the subject but see lots of Dean basses for sale in my neighborhood. They do seem to sound good but are they good enough to replace a Good sounding Fender?

tk

5. I love my cheap Dean, and would take it over a MIM jazz any day. The two sound quite different, so it depends what you like. You should deffinately give one a try though.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Depends on your definition of cheap. Here is a picture of me playing a 12 that I only payed $299 for, new.:D I don't have a gig pic of me playing my SX, but I have used it on a few gigs.

[​IMG]

7. tkarter

tkarter

Jan 1, 2003
    kansas
    I don't define Dean basses as cheap. I just don't know anyone that plays anything but Fender in my neighborhood.

The Deans I have played have always sounded ok for the cheap amps they were plugged into at the time. OH I own a Dean Acoustic 6 string it is one decent acoustic guitar. I haven't played guitar since changing to the bass a year ago. Love the bass.

I think next time I play one I will carry my Fender in play it on the same amp and see which I prefer.

Thanks I will leave this thread alone now.

tk

8. Mine was cheap. It's an Edge 1 - $130 on ebay. Bam! :)

To prevent straying off topic too much, here's a picture of my friend playing it with the band he was in with my brother.
    [​IMG]

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    [​IMG]

$250 Ibanez ATK 305. It's a cheap beater, but one of my favorite basses.

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    BTW, they others are laughing cause I pointed out this guy:

[​IMG]

11. Seeing that shirt makes me want to break out my "Dixie" and "4AM Friday" CDs. :)

12. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Me gigging with one of my beater basses in hand!
    It cost me $237.00 used. It's a 99 Standard pbass

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Me gigging with a Squier P in 1995.

[​IMG]

14. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Ditto. Great value!

15. Chump Stain, I see you're playing "Famous One" in that gig pic. Cool tune, but never seemed to go over very well at my church. :meh:

Dale

16. [​IMG]

It looks like that guy in the front row is playing air guitar....complete with sound effects.

17. Yes, I know, I have the best style ever

18. ha, that was so funny.. i laughed aobut it for awhile.. lol.. i still am. haha "complete with sound effects" lol..