Show me your Ebay basses!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Oct 31, 2002.

1. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I'd like to see pics of basses you guys bought off ebay and tell me what kind of deal you guys got, if you don't mind. Just curious as to what kind of deals can be had. I got me (what I feel) is a really good deal. A '02 Fender USA Deluxe Jazz V for $825 in almost new condition. They sell on MF for $1265. Now, i'm done buying basses for awhile; waiting on one more-the best is yet to come:[​IMG]
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I don't have pics yet, because I haven't gotten it yet, but I got a pretty sweet deal on a new Peavey Millenium J Plus 4 stringer off of Ebay this week. Tiger Eye finish.

Got it for $480 total, including shipping. At the local Peavey dealer in Fargo, the are selling them for around $1000 for the MM/J model. Not a bad deal, I don't think.

I will post pics when I get it. Hopefully next week.:)
  3. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    I got an "new old stock" Fender American Precision for 450.00 It was brand new and still had the plastic on the pickguard. 899.00 for them at Guitar Center. I was very pleased with the Ebay deal.
  4. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    So far, so good for ebay buyers. One more pic.
  5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Due to the above mentioned reasons, I bought pretty much all my gear off of ebay.

96' Musicman stingray 5, mint condition. Transparent red, with black pearloid pickguard. $750, including shipping, with original hardshell case (recently sold)

99' Musicman stingray 5, fair to average condition, $600 including shipping, with OHSC (was $800, got $200 refund for less than new condition, as it was advertised) Transparent purple, with white pearloid, and white pu cover. This bass is currently off getting a custom chameleon "flip flop" red, to orange, to goldish yellow paint job, to make up for the ugly beat up purple paint.

99" Spector NS5-CR, Near mint, $800 including shipping, with OHSC. Black with gold hardware, now my #1 bass.

2000 SWR BASS 750, 2000 GOLIATH SENIOR, and custom ATA Flight case, made for the goliath. All dead mint (other than a few gradual manufacturer defect problems). $1200, had to make a road trip 2 1/2 hours each way for this rig.

Fostex Compressor limiter, kinda sucks, but does the trick, $50. The rest of my gear was bough new, or locally, including: Cheap 6 space rack, Juice goose power conditioner, and a Sansamp DI driver.

Best purchase for the money: My $129 Essex SBJ-62 jazz bass copy. This is the only piece of my whole setup that gets nightly attention at home, others are primarily for live/recording/band practice use.

Thanks for letting me brag a bit, I will step off my soap box now..... I think I have scored some real good deals, and am very proud of my setup, I spent a lot of years with some real junk. I have been very happy with ALL of my online purchases, and I think I got a great deal on every piece I have bought. Anyone agree/disagree?
  6. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan

Warwick Corvette Standard. Got it for $720. Basically in new condition
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

I hate you...$720? They are $4000 here!!

My parents wouldnt let me give out their (or mine if i had one) credit card number on the net...:(
  8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Heres a pic of my kid holding the mint Cirrus 6 (Bubinga/Walnut) that I got with case for only........$725.:eek: :D

I've also got a New Millenium 4 Plus in Tiger Eye and Maple board w/case coming from the same guy as Ryan. I got that for $500. I'll post pix when it arrives.
  9. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Bought and sold on ebay. And there have been others.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Of course the people who got ripped off, will be too embarassed and the people who didn't even get the basses they paid or bid for, won't be able to post pictures!! ;)
  11. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Warwick Infinity 5 $1700 - good price, I think
    alembic persuader; $900 - eh, OK.
    dano Hodad; $175 - not bad
    dan Longhorn; $125 good
  12. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Ok, I'll fess up. Prior to the great deal I mentioned above on the USA Fender Precision, I did in fact get royally ripped off. I bought an Ibanez SR400 that the guy had advertised as a brand new black one that had only been played 5 times for 15-20 mins each time. ("I'm just not cut out for playing bass" He said) I got it for 275.00. What I got was a GRAY one that was trashed. There was rust on the bridge screws, scratches all over it (The Ebay picture had obviously been Photo Shopped) and when you turned the tone knobs there was so much static through the amp that you had to cover your ears. I wrote a screaming email back to the seller. It turned out the seller ID was the mother of the little punk that had ripped me off and that he had used her ID to sell it, so she got the email. She was a Powerseller and very worried about negative feedback and a fraud complaint to Ebay. (Both of which I threatened in my email). She had her kid send me the cash back, write me a nice letter of apology, and let me keep the bass for scrap (Sold it to Music Go Round for 100 bucks). ALthough it was initially a rip off, it turned out to be a profitable deal in the end. With Ebay, you take your chances. Some deals are great, some are not.
  13. dirtbagdf

Jun 4, 2002
    Looks like your son is getting his slapping technique down.
  14. Here is the only bass I've gotten off ebay. It cost me $50 and a trip into San Fran. I sold it a few months later. It wieghed a ton, had an uncomfortable slab body, the neck felt awful, too. It had great tone, though. I just couldn't stand to play it.

15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Fodera NYC Empire 4 string. Got it off Ebay in 1999 for 1200.00. It was 2 years old and in mint condition. Still play it. I love the tone and playability and rarely come across anything that compares IMO. The only thing is it's kinda heavy.

brad cook
  16. Here's me with my Fernandes purple 5-string that I got on eBay in 2001 in BRAND NEW condition for $450. Whatta deal!! And I only bought it because it was deep purple!
    I love it. Especially now that I strung it with Elixirs.

P.S. Did I mention that I like purple?
  17. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    got this off ebay for $960. the only thing that keeps it from being mint is that there's a little fretboard weark, and the volume pot is toast - but that's nothing new for MEC preamps :rolleyes:

18. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Now I know where all your furniture money went:D Nice bass
  19. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Not bad for 4 years old, eh?

The embarassing thing is.....I can't slap on that thing (must be the little fingers:rolleyes: ).:p
  20. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Hey Swingbass, you're about right on.:D My living room furniture went in the divorce, but i've still got a couch in the family room so it's all good. It's more comfortable to sit on my amp than a couch anyway;)
    So, lets see and hear about more e-bay stories, the good, the bad, and the ugly.