Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show me your Elricks GAS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by C-5KO, Sep 13, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok. I'm on the verge of ordering my second Singlecut Elrick...

I've seen a few Elricks trade hands in the past month or two ;) ... so lets see them! My GAS is building!

I'll light the fuse with my three latest Elricks

My new 6 Singlecut front/back, My 5 string purchased from Jokerny a few months back (now belongs to Lokire), and my latest edition 5 (previous owner Lokire, and about 4 other TB members)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ever since I bought the NJS-5, I've been collecting pics of Elricks :D

Here's some of my faves..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

vvv This one weighs 6.6 lbs :eek: vvv
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Recognize anything? ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:hyper:

3. C5KO-Don't make me post "rusty pick-up screw bass" I'll take some new pics with the non-rusty screws and post them.....

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lokire, where on earth did you find those pics? I don't ever see myself playing a 7 string but those two you posted pics of are soooooooooooo beautiful! :hyper:

5. I'm just not impressed by the aesthetics of Elrick instruments when compared to other high-end boutique brands.

Their tone might be great, but I wouldn't know.

On the other hand, I do love the looks of the Fodear Emperor 2, as seen here: [​IMG]

6. ...I don't remember now. They were both from some foreign websites. Japanese I think.

I'm pretty good at scouring the web for pics :smug:

7. Here's another 7-string

[​IMG]

Those are the only 7s I've seen from Elrick

8. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Those wooden knobs/tuners looks great!

I'm trying to get Roger to do me up some pickup covers for a pair or Nords, and knobs to match. If I had more cash, I'd ask for matching tuners also!

Does anybody know where he is? I've emailed him about 10 times in 4 weeks and no replies?

9. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    the evolution works in a 4 too , wow .
    <3 elricks

10. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

11. I believe that is Rob. And the bass sitting right behind him is the Cherryburst NJS-5 :cool:

That pic was taken at Namm 2002

12. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I'd love to have a fretless gold 5'er with a pink ivorywood board. Played one at BassNW that was absolutely fantastic! Not only that, but aesthetically it was beautiful, body balanced well and it was waaaaay light! Oh yeah, fully loaded it was only 2400 brand new.......

(not that it matters, I'm still poor)

13. I love the two on the Aero Pickups site too :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. xxajr8xx

xxajr8xx

Aug 31, 2005
    westbrook,CT
    :eek: :meh: :D

15. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    Please send me all Elrick pictures on Email please :hyper:

16. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey Lokire, that singlecut from the Aero page is mine- I switched out the Aeros for Barts (my preference).

C-5KO- we want to see your other Elricks! I've never seen your neck-through, and your bolt-on six had a pic on TB for a short time and then disappeared.

Here are my three. I'd love a fourth, but that ain't likely to happen for a LONG time. My fourth bass is a Bongo, and I do love it- but the one bass I'd trade it for is another Elrick.
    My above-mentioned Classic singlecut fretless five:
    [​IMG]
    Classic fretted six:
    [​IMG]
    and my e-volution fretted five:
    [​IMG]
    Group shot (it's a little washed out)
    [​IMG]

More pics here, if anyone's interested:
    http://www.bryanrtyler.web.aplus.net/music/id16.html

emjazz, here's the Japanese site:
    http://www.kurosawagakki.com/sh_bass/elrick.html

That singlecut seven is awesome, huh? Makes me want to get a seven again. That bolt-on seven is from another site.

17. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey Bryan,

I had pics of the neckthru 6, and the bolton 6, up for a short time. Then I ran out of space in my gallery. I filled it up with the new walnut 6.

I'll take some more pics and post them. The neckthru is on the road with me for a couple of day, the bolton is sitting in a shop waiting for those silly black switches, so I can still get the series/parallel/coil tap done. Man, it's taken forever for that! I should have just ordered the switches online. Anyways, the repair guy is a nice guy, and he's going to do it for something silly like $30 CAD for me. I can't complain about that. Actually, I may head up there and grab it.

This week will probably be the last time I can get a family pic with all 4 (Lokire's 5 included :smug: )!

18. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

I see you in the door. ;)

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I know- I look like an angry cyclops adjusting my mechanical third eye :p

20. :eek: - *Downloads all of Bryan's pictures, soundclips, and vids* :D

I'd love to see a good family pic of all 4 C-5KO. Someone on here has a nice family pic of 5 Elricks...

:hyper: