1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your GROOVES!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by *ToNeS*, Sep 28, 2013.

1. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Making sweet love to ze fretless the other night, I constructed this groove.

Feeling lots of groove love right now. SHOW ME YOUR GROOVES! Rhythm section only would be preferable, but if you gotta add some things, I understand. It took all of my quite frankly terrible willpower not to add Indian flute to the above. I can't even play the Indian flute. Is it even an instrument.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
  3. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
  4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Believe it or not, soundclick is still around. that website has been my go to website for posting songs and sound samples. plus soundclick does like this top chart thing where you post a song and if a lot soundclick viewers likes the song, it'll be on soundclick's top charts. I've actually had a lot of luck with that with the songs I post. everyone on soundclick seems to really dig the tunes that I've recorded. however, I am thinking about starting a soundcloud website for my bands since everyone here has posted songs and stuff there.

5. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Not a dig at all, just such a blast from the past. I remember using it a looong time ago, too.

I think you'll really like the community on SoundCloud. I'm an amateur mixer and have learnt a lot just by posting all my stuff there. I still wake up sweating over my snare sounds, though

6. Sir Sly Ry

Sir Sly Ry

May 21, 2013
    I like your groove, Tones. I have a riff in one of my tunes that might be considered groovy. Starting around 0:57, not sure if this counts or not.

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Sir Sly Ry's psychedelic bass work-out video :D

Look I will be honest here and say that kind of made me want to take drugs.

8. Sir Sly Ry

Sir Sly Ry

May 21, 2013
    Dude I take that as a compliment. If my stuff makes you feel something, I feel like I did something right.
    (Also working out is fantastic. Also also: a couple drugs are ok. Not most. But a couple...)

9. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    At the risk of being moderated (uh, again. You should see my inbox. Warning this, warning that, le sigh), I pass you a knowing wink that you can't see and that is all :smug:

Hey, you got drums you could program? You should chuck some into this jam, I keep hearing mass percussion when I listen.

10. Sir Sly Ry

Sir Sly Ry

May 21, 2013
    I don't know anything about programming drums....Maybe it's something I could look into. Then again maybe I just need to find a drummer to play with. =) But I'm pretty adamant about not doing the typical thing. I'm not really interested in finding a guitarist to play with, etc. etc. Some kind of percussion, be it drums or whatever, would be cool though.

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    At the risk of sounding like a door-to-door salesman, I'd recommend EZ Mix: http://www.toontrack.com/ezdrummerline.asp

Trust me man, when you get some drum ideas happening, you will activate yourself.

12. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada

I use Superior Drummer 2.0 also by Toontrack. It changed my life (I'm just barely overselling it). Goodbye drummers...

13. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    I 'graduated' to SD 2.0 myself just recently. High-five, it is the greatest thing. Individual bleed channels... where is the drooling emoticon?

Although my guitarist is now insisting we get the new BFD3 to work with. Check her out. Insane:

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=205