1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

show me your hartke gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jcphockey16, Mar 3, 2008.

1. i played a hartke 410 saturday night and i was diggin the sound i'm thinkin about gettin a 410 and a 115 hartke setup...lets see em.

2. P1010426.

selling the 210.. not digging it a whole ton.

sorry for the crappy pic, the head is an HA 5500

3. what do you not like about it?

4. This is gonna get the "bass elites\snobs" ALL worked up... don't you know Hartke is inferior and you are just jumping on a bandwagon started 20+ years ago... sheesh.
    Aluminum is for canning NOT sound reinforcement...:eyebrow:

I'll post my 410XL 215XL and 410TP rigs as soon as I can find my camera...:D

5. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    It's not amp, but you anyone remember these? Hartke's first and last entry into building basses. Built in New Jersey, and that ultra cool wood/aluminum neck.

1267341[/ATTACH]"] Hartke002-1.
    1267343[/ATTACH]"] Hartke004.
    1267345[/ATTACH]"] Hartke003.

Attached Files:

6. my problem with the 210 is the overwhelming high mids and the total lack of low end.
    im replacing it with a 212. im just more of a low lows kind of a person.

the hartke does have alot of punch and some crisp highs, but it adds in too many mids that are difficult for me to dial out of my sound without hurting my tone

7. Crackle

Crackle

Nov 3, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I don't have a picture ready but my old 1994-era (I've owned it since 1998) 3500 head is one of the most solid pieces of equipment I own. Nothing but reliable and plenty of power (even if it lacks slightly in tone - I prefer the graphic EQ disabled . . . the contour controls provide more than enough control). :bassist:

8. +1 my 5500 can be similarly described

9. haha my ears don't lie to me i'm diggin the sound a lot.

how does the 410TP compare to the XL? it looks like the TP is their "budget" 410 but i'm pretty sure i played the TP not an XL and i liked whatever i played

10. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
  11. go XL not transporter.. the XL dirivers are better..

yea i can understand the appeal. the punch and sound is very unique. it conflicts with the sound I have in my head tho. Its a neat little cab but it doesnt suit me.

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

My 5500 is sitting behind me.

memy_marcus.

13. ahh DW, my fellow 5500 brother!

14. how are the hartke heads? the setup i played had an 800rb on top

15. I got the TP to take to band practice... weighs like 25 pounds less than the XL... it sounds pretty similar, actually more similar to the 410xl than any other 410. (Duh :p)
    It gets a decent sound and it can get loud... that said... it isn't as good sounding overall to the 410XL.. But it is a lot more "transportable" :hyper:
    The Hartke sound is an acquired taste, once you get the tone in your head it’s hard to switch.
    I am considering getting a Berg NV610 though… those are the “bee’s knees” ...sounds so sweet and vintage at the same time

16. the 4.5xl is the best 410 hartke offers (its a 410xl plus a tweeter and porting essentially)

the heads are very reliable! they have a good amount of power too, and a very decent price. mines built like a TANK. they are good value. they dont have incredible tone but it is far from "bad" tone. if you ask me its great tone for the money. the features are nice too.. the 10 band is useful.. the built in compressor isnt amazing but it can still be useful.

people also complain about the heads having loud fans... HOW does that matter? you cant hear it at gigging volume.... haha

in a nutshell, for the money they are great heads, BUT the nicer GK heads are definitly superioir. (700rb-ii, 800rb, 1001rb-ii obviously 2001rb)

Oh also, the tube that comes in the heads is a cheapo.. i switched mine out for a fresh tube last month and it REALLY sounds much better now. much less noise and a fuller tone. (the preamp blending is pretty neat too, and ANY hybrid tube preamp head for such an asking price is a great feature)

I got my HA5500 for 360 bucks used. so NO complaints here for that kind of money!

Hope that helps! :D

17. Here's my first racked amp. Always had stand alone heads.

I don't own any of this gear anymore.

Newsetup-tuner.

18. ya know.. ive never played an SWR cab before..

19. i have an swr henry the 8x8 now...its nice

20. i should try one of those out sometime for sure