Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show me your inlays!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Micolao, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking about putting some block inlays in my fender neck, but I'm courious about seeing some funny, beautiful, strange, classical or whatever type of inlays you have your basses, to get some ideas.

SHOW ME!!

2. These aren't mine, but these are some of the stock designs Jerzy Drozd uses.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    On my next Skjold (currently in the works), I wanted to honor Pete Skjold's Viking heritage, so I opted for some norse symbols. The position markers use the symbol "Gungnir", which represents Odin's spear. Here are some shots pre-fretting:

[​IMG]

The symbols get smaller as the space between the frets decreases, and I use two at the 12th and 24th frets:

[​IMG]

On the neck pocket overlay cover, I wanted a larger symbol, and opted for Mjolnir, the Hammer of Thor:

[​IMG]

Here are some shots after fretting:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The inlays, as well as the side dots, are done in gold pearl. The fingerboard is ebony.

I still haven't seen it in person yet!

Tom.

4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    [​IMG]

Jean Baudin's 'Joust' bass.

5. That is going to be one beautiful bass, I think you need to send it over my way to make sure its good enough for you. Knowing his work, it probly wont be, so Ill take it off your hands for the low, low price of $200.

Dave