Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

show me your pics of a 210 on top of a 215 .......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by schmittuml, Aug 26, 2005.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    to me this is the sexiest setup ever.......and im about to drop a 210 on my 215 .....

2. Not quite a 2x15 with a 2x10 on top, but near enough

Cant wait to try it with my SVT when i get it back

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hey, Igotamohawk. Is your 2X15" Peavey 18" deep? I'm pretty sure I have the exact same cab and it puts out!
    -Bazz-

4. yeah, its 18" deep, its the 215D (yup, deep :) ) , its got BW's in there too, and yeahm it does put out!

5. What a good idea... How does that Eden 215 sound? There are some nasty reviews floating around the web of them.

6. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    [​IMG]

7. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Cool...I never knew the actual model name. I bought mine used at a local Austin, TX music store about a year ago for $150.00. It's well used (some road rash...tolex is coming off in a few places) but still a solid, great sounding cab.
    Thx,
    -Bazz-

8. Thick, low, massive and LOUD. Not what I'd call hi-fi exactly, the sound is old school done the Eden way. I'm really pleased with the cab. When that CA9 says jump, by God those 15's jump and they'll knock the wind out of anybody unfortunate enough to be standing in front of them. Just ask my drummer. :D

9. you dont aim them at your drummer do you? :eyebrow:

altho, the way most drummers are, it would be understandable :smug:

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    My next cab move is a 2x15. I'd like to get a Mesa/Boogie RoadReady 2x15 (the EV loaded ones) to compliment my RR410, but I doubt that'll come about, so I've been looking at Peavey, actually, since they're usually pretty cheap, and built like tanks.

11. Actually, yes I do. ;)

I put a new tube in my preamp and aparrently the gain on the new tube is a bit higher than my old one because I set my volume where I normally do, gave the E string a good thwack with my thumb and heard all the air go out of my drummer. I looked over at him and he's holding his chest saying JEEEZUS!!

12. definatly, i mean, the one i got is in really good condition, one of the corner metal parts is pretty dented, there is rust on most of the corners, the torlex is only ripped in 5-6 places down the front, there is one tiny hole in the grill, and i got the best of the peavey 215's (the deep one with BW's equiped - "215D-BW" )
    AND, heres the best part, it was only £75 (~$130) :hyper:

haha, ace, im going to have to try that next practice, first person to knock thier drummer off their stool with a 215 wins, and i mean using the speakers, not just rolling it at them!

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Just to be weird, here's 1x15 over 3x10:
    [​IMG]

1x15 over 2x10:
    [​IMG]

14. I must have a diamond in the rough regarding drummers. He's always asking me to turn up and prefers my rig to be angled toward him.

15. What Fender bass is that in the back on the right side of the picture with the pink shirt over it? I hope you know which one I'm talking about. :p