1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Show me your stage backdrop!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Where did you get it, and how much did it cost?

2. We made ours from PVC pipe and black satin fabric. Pretty cheap, really compared to commercial products. But not as professional looking.

What you are looking for in the trade show biz is called “pipe and drape”. Search that on google, and learn what you can about components and packages.

3. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Band on Stage. Here is mine -- PVC Piping and a 3X8 banner. I only use it for high profile gigs when there is time to put the banner on the stage. This one was for a video shoot of all the groups I have started. As we play a lot of jazz, I normally hang a 2X2 banner from the music stands like a big band does. Those banners have the name of the specific band on them. It has our facebook page on it so people can contact me...

I got the piping at the home depot, and the banner I got from www.bannersonthecheap.com. If you get on their mailing list, you can get a banner for less than 1/2 the cost of a local printer -- but make sure you don't need it fast or they will kill you on the shipping charges. If you can give them 3 weeks to make it and get it to you, the pricing is great. But you have to get on their mailing list to get all the deals.