1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your Thunderbird!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ilikeindie, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ilikeindie

ilikeindie

Feb 15, 2008
    Florida
    I'm very interested in Thunderbirds.
    let me see yours!

2. theres a club thread showing a lot of pictures of thunderbirds.
    fast search should bring it up to ya.

3. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    heres mine, sorry about the bad pic DSCF1845.

4. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
  5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'd love nothing more than to be able to post pics on this site. Every time I try, I get a message saying they're too big. I've had zero luck re -sizing. Too bad, I do have a Studio model Thunderbird 5 string. But, why should you believe me?

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Mine with a busted D string after a particularly intense rehearsal, as my guitarist investigates...

pb.

7. poomwah

poomwah

Jan 26, 2008
    try opening a free photobucket account and uploading your pics there and posting the image links here, that way you don't have to do any resizing

8. kristlik

kristlik Guest

Nov 22, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Awesome awesome bass.

This is almost exactly the type of bass that I've been really dreaming about trying to get put together. Where did you get it (built it, or had built)?

How does it sound? How does it play? What neck do you have?

How comfortable is it to play while seated? Strange question I know, but significant for me.:oops:

How do you have the controls setup?

I'd like something like a Vintage P-Bass neck, with a shallow C profile, and 20mm string spacing at the bridge, do you think this is doable?

Is yours a short scale bass? In the pictures your bass just looks a bit like a short scale bass for some reason.

How much would it cost to get something like this built?