1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show me your V necks!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bradd, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    I had a tele bass neck built about a year ago and finally got around to spraying it. I requested a chunky neck, as I was trying to emulate my 69 Tele bass, but with rosewood. Strung it up this weekend and man, it's too big even for me!

I'm now thinking of reshaping the profile into a V like some of the early Precisions sported. I'd like to see some pictures of these necks and any comments players might have on their feel and playability. also the differences in the soft and hard V profiles.

Thanks!

2. Fender's 2005 "NAMM Limited Edition '58 Precision Bass Relic" came with a "soft V" neck profile.

I played one at the local Guitar Center and I loved the profile; you could really feel the "V" shape.

To me it was comfortable, but I didn't get much playing time with it.

I so wish I would have bought that bass. I was beautiful.

I think it is going to be difficult to see the profile in pictures, but here are some pix of another NAMM '58 bass like the one I'm talking about.

FenderPBass58RelicB.
    -
    FenderPBass58RelicF.

bradd likes this.
  3. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    I've modded a couple Warmoth necks w/ V contours. Had one on a '56 P bass years ago and always loved feel. The silver bass sports a deep V, while the black bass is slightly less pronounced.

P1250112_1024. P1250028_1024. P1240096_1024.

bradd and Zane DeBord like this.
  4. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

here's a pair from my Wals. one is bit more pronounced then the other.....

15055022853_64d934e624_k.

15054425294_f28dc0c8fc_k.

Attached Files:

BWorm likes this.
  5. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks all, for the photos. I'm going to wait and see if I warm up to the neck as it is. I remembered that I have part of a Gibson Mandobass neck in the closet, and it has a pretty hard V profile. Might be a good one to emulate if I decide to do it.

6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    My '92 MVP6 has a soft V neck profile. Very playable neck indeed.

pedullamvp.