Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

show off your warmoths

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    woohoo! another chance to post this!

[​IMG]

2. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    and my faithful fretless

[​IMG]

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href="http://community-2.webtv.net/theorembk/NinosBasses/page5.html">Click here</a> & <a href="http://community-2.webtv.net/theorembk/NinosBasses/page6.html">click here</a>

The 1st "click" is my Deluxe 5 string Sadowsky "Wanna B". The 2nd "click" is my 70's style 4 string.

Hey PacMan, how long have you had that fretless? I don't remember you posting pics of it. It looks REAL NICE!!!

4. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    The bass I made was not Warmoth, but Carvin kit parts. I am looking forward to making several Warmoths over the summer though.

Pacman, great basses. I am going to make matching fretted and fretless 5s just like you fretless! How cool. Beautiful Gecko as well.

Nino, I have always liked that 5er of yours... I am toying with the idea of making a four string like it with no preamp. Just the EMGs and a passive tone rool off... What do you think?

5. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I've had that for years, Nino. I built that in 96 or so....I just never had very good pics of it. It's been kind of a work in progress, and finally is playing like a dream. I've gotten tons of compliments lately on the sound....can't wait to drob the J-Retro in it.

6. By the way, I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what was the total cost for all of the parts, pro-setup (if needed), etc.?

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sweeeeeeet photos! I like all of them, but have a soft spot for the Gecko. I think it's one of the sexiest body shapes out there, by *any* manufacturer. I'd like to have a fiver one day.

8. Okay..I'm game. I need a camera of my own that I like...

Jazz/MM frankenstein. Quilt top / Cherry burst. Maple/Ebony neck. Suprisingly bright.

[​IMG]

9. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Gecko was just shy of $1100 (but would've been more like $1400 if I hadn't bought the thrift shop body).

And the fretless was somewhere around $700 (If I recall correctly, it's been years).

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    A friend of mine just built this one, tuned E-C
    [​IMG]

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    the neck on this one is from warmoth, the body is the Fender steve harris.... I ordered this neck with the abalone inlays, and the decal was donated by a buddy...

[​IMG]

P@

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hey tuf,

what size is that body? is it the dinky or regular jazz size?? if its dinky, how much smaller is it to a regular jazz???

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They both cost ~$900. The 4 was cheaper but I put a Bart pre-amp & Sadowsky p/u's that were originally in a 91 Sadowsky Jazz & I paid more than I should of off eBay.

14. how does it work ?
    you order the parts from the site, and then ??
    you get a big box o' parts sent to you, and you have to pick up the screwdriver, etc ??

15. i am going to be getting a neck and body.the neck going to be all weng.i am not going to finsh it.so do i have to get any thing done to the neck when i get it besides get the nut cut.

16. as far as i know you will have to drill the holes for the screws and insert tuners

17. i know i have to put the tunners on get the nut cut and bolt it on and do trust rod tweeaks besides that what do i have to do to a warmoth neck that isnt finsh.

18. that should be everything