show off your warmoths

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Feb 16, 2002.

1. I'm thinking of making one, and I need some ideas

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    woohoo! another chance to post this!

[​IMG]

3. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    and my faithful fretless

[​IMG]

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    <a href="http://community-2.webtv.net/theorembk/NinosBasses/page5.html">Click here</a> & <a href="http://community-2.webtv.net/theorembk/NinosBasses/page6.html">click here</a>

The 1st "click" is my Deluxe 5 string Sadowsky "Wanna B". The 2nd "click" is my 70's style 4 string.

Hey PacMan, how long have you had that fretless? I don't remember you posting pics of it. It looks REAL NICE!!!

5. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    The bass I made was not Warmoth, but Carvin kit parts. I am looking forward to making several Warmoths over the summer though.

Pacman, great basses. I am going to make matching fretted and fretless 5s just like you fretless! How cool. Beautiful Gecko as well.

Nino, I have always liked that 5er of yours... I am toying with the idea of making a four string like it with no preamp. Just the EMGs and a passive tone rool off... What do you think?

6. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I've had that for years, Nino. I built that in 96 or so....I just never had very good pics of it. It's been kind of a work in progress, and finally is playing like a dream. I've gotten tons of compliments lately on the sound....can't wait to drob the J-Retro in it.

7. By the way, I hope you guys don't mind me asking, but what was the total cost for all of the parts, pro-setup (if needed), etc.?

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Sweeeeeeet photos! I like all of them, but have a soft spot for the Gecko. I think it's one of the sexiest body shapes out there, by *any* manufacturer. I'd like to have a fiver one day.

9. Okay..I'm game. I need a camera of my own that I like...

Jazz/MM frankenstein. Quilt top / Cherry burst. Maple/Ebony neck. Suprisingly bright.

[​IMG]

10. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Gecko was just shy of $1100 (but would've been more like $1400 if I hadn't bought the thrift shop body).

And the fretless was somewhere around $700 (If I recall correctly, it's been years).

11. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    A friend of mine just built this one, tuned E-C
    [​IMG]

12. pmkelly

pmkelly Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    the neck on this one is from warmoth, the body is the Fender steve harris.... I ordered this neck with the abalone inlays, and the decal was donated by a buddy...

[​IMG]

P@

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Hey tuf,

what size is that body? is it the dinky or regular jazz size?? if its dinky, how much smaller is it to a regular jazz???

14. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    They both cost ~$900. The 4 was cheaper but I put a Bart pre-amp & Sadowsky p/u's that were originally in a 91 Sadowsky Jazz & I paid more than I should of off eBay.

15. how does it work ?
    you order the parts from the site, and then ??
    you get a big box o' parts sent to you, and you have to pick up the screwdriver, etc ??

16. yep

17. i am going to be getting a neck and body.the neck going to be all weng.i am not going to finsh it.so do i have to get any thing done to the neck when i get it besides get the nut cut.

18. as far as i know you will have to drill the holes for the screws and insert tuners

19. i know i have to put the tunners on get the nut cut and bolt it on and do trust rod tweeaks besides that what do i have to do to a warmoth neck that isnt finsh.

20. that should be everything