Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show some newer DP's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Aug 19, 2004.

1. OK kids, before the flaming starts, someof you may remember that i owned a DP a while back (still do), and it ahd a few problems, but dave made good on his word (he is a great guy), and did the necessary repairs. Well, long story short i still wasn't satisfied so he offered to make me new one using the old hardware, pickups, etc.... I've just been told by dave that he's gonna help me out due to a current, crappy life sitch that i'm in and basically take really good care of me. Of course he threw the "your life should be a country western song" line on me (i deserved it), and i'm just curious to see how some of the newer stuff is coming out. His pics on the site are hard to judge by and i've seen you guys post better ones..

So anyway, BRING IT ON!!! lemme see some newer DP's so that i get my heart racing until mine comes back to me!!

Thanks!

2. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Got any pics? I'm waiting on mine from Dave. Should be a couple of more months.

3. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    HEY!!
    I'm trying to attach my pic but I don't know how to resize the file to fit the 600x600 limit. I have an Epson stylus cx5400 with photo impression if that helps!
    ANY IDEAS????
    Jon

4. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I'm so bright, my dad calls me "son"...

Anyway, the above bass there has a mahogany body, maple burl top and a Bart. passive p.u.
    I'm still trying to get the action right but I do like the tone!

Jon

5. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Very cool!! Looks like one I saw in Dave's gallery. What kind of problem did you have with it, and do you have it back now?

6. well, i don't really want to get into it, but do a search and i'm sure you'll find the thread. just some issues that shouldn't have happened, but Dave stood by his word and took care of it. here's a link to my old bass...

http://www.dpcustom.com/GK1.jpg

7. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Found it. Unfortunate, but Dave's a standup kinda guy. I have no reservations in dealing with him. I have seen your original bass on Dave's gallery before. Zebrawood I believe.