1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show the best place(s) to gig in your town

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by escaraBAJO, Sep 17, 2008.

1. escaraBAJO

escaraBAJO

Apr 24, 2000
    Assuming we're from different countries (if not different worlds) i'd like to know how the places you gig look like. A pic, a link, whatever... If done already, please give me a link.

This is my band
    www.myspace.com/daidaiyogi
    www.daidaiyogi.cl

and this is the best place to gig (well known, good sound, etc)
    http://www.batuta.cl/

i owe you a pic from outside the place so you can get the feeling (that's the idea of the post)

We're very southbound, if you know what i mean ;)

2. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    Where I live it depends on your style of music. If you play heavy metal like me then the best place to play is a house party. I don't think I should post pics because i'm sure everyone here has an idea of what a house party is and looks like.

3. escaraBAJO

escaraBAJO

Apr 24, 2000
    First of all... were do you live?? that was a part of the purpose of the invitation

Maybe a house party won't be the same in the northen and southern hemisphere (been in both) :)
    And a one with live music... doesn't happen a lot in my town :bassist:

4. I live in Hamilton, Ontario (Canada) and the best places to gig here are at small venues like the Casbah, The Underground, etc, etc. Lots of people show up to these shows, no matter how big you are or not

5. escaraBAJO

escaraBAJO

Apr 24, 2000
    Hey RKB... I'm form Santiago (Chile) forgot to tell that.
    Another nice place is
    http://www.rockyguitarras.com/

nothing else right now, il'll be back

Can i see some pictures of the place (just to feed my envy)

6. toaster2k3

toaster2k3

May 21, 2007
    I live in Provo, Utah.
    The best venue in provo is at the Velour.
    [​IMG]
    l_2e0a79b3610f16bcd198ddcafb2627dd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]