Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show the cowbell love

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sweet.

3. Tames

Tames

Dec 31, 2002
    Decatur, IL, USA
    I love it.

I actually bought the Speaker City shirt. I love it. haha

4. Nice!

5. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    The "SNL: Best of Christopher Walken" DVD just came out... it's a must-get. Almost every skit is hilarious. Of course, it has the Cowbell skit.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    he wasn't even a cast member! :eek:

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Now John Goodman, he was a cast memeber. He's hosted like, 11, 13 times?

8. those two were the best... Chris and John. How could you not bring John back after that .... er... interesting portrayal of Linda Trip?

9. Dude, I have a way better shirt than that. It's got the cowbell with stars and everything!

10. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    Is this makin fun of the cowbell if so i'm offended. I love cow bells. Honestly i don't know why there not used more often

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I thought my band needed more cowbell, so i bought my drummer one for his birthday. We've got this neat little cowbell intro to one of our songs. whoopah!

12. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    We had a mount made so my drummer had three different bells, all mounted to the side of his hi-hat stand. A standard rock cowbell and an 'agogo' pair that we heard a guy in a latin group using and dug.

Three differently pitched cowbells can be too much craziness.

13. The drummer in our band is always quoting SNL and asking for more cowbell. Looks like I found his Christmas present.

Thanks