Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show us a pic of your multistring Bass(s)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, May 30, 2002.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey fella's can we see those 6 and over Basses?
    here's my 8 string fretted tuned Low B to High Bb

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    BTB406 (defretted, then refretted)

I'm building a 5 string atm, but after that I'm think of building a 7+ string

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    I tryed to send the pic but it didn't go thru.sorry I will try in a little while.

4. I've got a Dean Edge Q6 in Amberburst. I've replaced the original EMG HZ pick ups with EMG 45-P pick ups and I've replaced the Dean eq with an EMG BTS system. The difference is enormous, the bass went from a great playing, nice sounding bass, to a great playing awesome sounding bass. I've tried a few other 6 string basses, but none of these basses could beat the sound of my improved Dean (and it has the fastest and nicest neck I've ever felt on a 6 string)....

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Here's a picture of my favorite(and only!) 6 string! It is a Warrior Signiture 6 with Mahogany body, Walnut/Purple Heart neck, and Quilted Babinga top. It sounds unbelievable! The Walnut adds a unique hollow midrange to the sound. It is an outstanding bass. It plays like a dream.:D
    [​IMG]

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i do love that warrior!!!
    heres my Roscoe 6 and my MTD 6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Holy Good Lord! That thing is sweet. I wouldn't know what to do with half those strings, but it sure looks nice -

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I could show you, but then I'd have to kill you.

:D Nah, it's just that it's so damn ugly it's not worth showing. Just picture yourself a Carvin LB76F in black... all black... VERY black. In fact, the only non-black details on it would be the strings and the print on the headstock.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Black frets? ;)

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    AJ, that bass is definatley beautiful. I always loved Warriors fretboards.

*sits down and waits quietly for JT*

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    What frets? ;)

12. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I love the fingerboard on my Warrior! It's hard to believe that the "mountain" is actually the natural figure of the wood. The fretwork is astonishing too!:D

13. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Here is a picture of JAUQO III-X and his 8 string Warrior. Nice looking bass man!:D
    [​IMG]

14. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thanks again,and fella's Im sorry the pic is so big.all this computer stuff is new to me.

15. Here is a pic of my Roscoe 6. A lot of gorgeous bass in this thread, BTW.

[​IMG]

-Chris

16. :cool: Many battle scars, but what a sound!
    [​IMG]

17. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
  18. Thanks! Snatched that one from coyoteboy. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. As soon as I strapped that sucker on to try it out, I knew I wanted it.

Here's a close up of the Zebrawood body:

[​IMG]

- Dave

19. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Here's my Ken Smith BSR6 GN. Quilted maple top, neck-through, ebony board, etc. An exceptionally balanced sounding instrument that plays and feels fantastic. This one is a year 2000 model.

[​IMG]