1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SHOW US YER DRUMKITS!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dan.ablett, Mar 16, 2009.

1. i know a fair chunk of us, maybe 20%ish of TB users play drums too.... so post your kit for the world to see!

all kits welcome, from awesome to pathetic!!!

if you dont own a kit but play @ your church etc then post that kit too...
    talk about it too......

i am looking forward to seeing what comes up!!!

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Okay. Here's my Dad, sitting at his Slingerland kit in classic white pearl. He packed up playing these on gigs last year (he's 79) and now they're set up in my spare room. He hasn't got room at home to leave them permanently set up, so this way I get to play them whenever I like, and he gets to play them whenever he pops in to say hi - which is a lot more often than they'd get set up if he still had them at home. WIN all round.

[​IMG]

3. man that looks like a fun kit to play.... beautiful!

4. i dont have no drumset and i anyway really do suck at playing the drums but i do have a pair of sticks which i keep smashing stuff with:smug: they look something like this
    [​IMG]

5. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    drums1.

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I don't have any actual pics of my kit, but when I made it (got Keller shells and random lugs and hoops of amdrumparts.com, then stained it), I copied the finish of a kit that was made a smaller custom builder IJ Drums. The guy who makes them was nice enough to detail not only the process of dying the kit, but also how he got the colour (mixture of 2 different water-based wood dyes).

Here's the kit I ripped off. Mine have different lugs and they aren't offset, but the finish and color of hardware is accurate.

7. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Nice Slingerland kit.

here's my all birch Truth custom drums

Attached Files:

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I had an old Tama Rockstar Custom kit that sounded nice. My cymbals were garbage though, but it worked for a jam room kit. I mostly used a Pearl Piccolo snare though.

9. Jamz

Jamz

Jan 23, 2009
    Houston, TX
    this a picture from a recent show down here in Houston.

scoutbar.

10. jamdrumroom.

Catalina in Background and mixed Electric kit with Roland Brain in the foreground