Show us your Bass Gear Garage Sale Finds!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OldHack, Sep 26, 2010.

1. OldHack

OldHack

Jan 3, 2005
    I've seen a few nice finds scattered around the forums; maybe we can consolidate a bit here.. I know this is the amps forum, but mods please move it if there is a more suitable forum for it.

I'll start with my find this weekend. I actually passed on it yesterday because I couldn't think of a logical need for it, previous owner had never used it, & gf just finished a money management seminar... :meh: but as I agonized over it last night, I came up with a couple of "needs" for it. Drove back across town this morning and he still had it. :) I give you for your viewing pleasure, @ $0.016/watt, my $20 1200 Watts bridged into 8 Ohms Crown XLS 602:

[​IMG]

It needed a good dusting. I offered $20 as I didn't want to be too abusive and I didn't think I was in a great bargaining position after obviously driving all the way across town for it. gf said she would have offered $15 :meh:
    [​IMG]

The previous owner didn't want it at all, but it came as a package with some Altecs that he was after. We powered it up but had nothing to feed the XLRs to I took the risk. I figured with the 3 year no fault transferable warranty and it being a current model, plus all the internal built in protection, it probably still worked.
    [​IMG]

Cleaned up pretty good. Picked up some cables for it, hooked up the bridged 1200 watts into my Black Widow 15 :eek: plugged in my little practice preamp and she fired right up! With those dual fans sucking, you know this thing is industrial! I don't know how some guys can use them for their home stereos. You'd have to put it in a separate room!
    [​IMG]

2. I haven't found anything but some Kay tube guitar amps at garage sales. Oh, You many want to edit the title. None of us have ass gear, I'm sure.

3. I'm sure some of us do.

I don't... but I'm sure somebody does.

4. OldHack

OldHack

Jan 3, 2005
    some fat fingered keyboard slip must have posted before I was done with it! :eek:

5. Nothing. And I check garage/yard/estate sales all the time. Not so much as a pedal or a set of strings. I keep thinking I'll find a 1968 Precision Bass for 50 bucks.

6. OldHack

OldHack

Jan 3, 2005
    Maybe because we're all bass hoarders. Have you seen the cat?

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Not that there is anything wrong with that of course!

Paul

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021