Show us your bicycles!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Apr 7, 2004.

1. I know there is a good amount of riders here on the forums. Weather you are just an enthusiast or a pro or anywhere in between, show us your bike!!

Here is my daily ride. 2002 Kona Cinder Cone.
    -Marzocchi EXR air fork
    -Shimano disc brakes
    -TruVative Stylo cranks
    -Mavic 139 disc wheel w/Deore hubs (front)
    -AtomLabs trail pimp wheel w/XT hub (rear, not pictured)
    -Deore 9 speed shifters
    -Avid AD3 levers
    -XT rear deraileur
    -Deore front deraileur
    -Kona double butted 6061 aluminum frame, 21"
  2. Thinkin on puttin some streamers on the handlebars, what you guys think? :D

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    21" frame! sure is differant to my 12" trials frame i used to have. Ive sold all my bikes now, and as the summer comes, i'd love to get them all back, but i havnt the money.....

EDIT: I had a no-name 12" trials frame made of 7005 double butted aluminium, gussets everywhere.
    Fork - Brisa
    Headset - FSA Extreme Pro
    Handlebars - Brisa Elite
    Stem - Brisa
    Bottom Bracket - Shimano UN51
    Cranks - Middleburn RS7
    Pedals - Wellgo DX Copies
    Rear Brake - Magura HS33
    Front Brake - Magura HS33
    Front Hub - Hope XC
    Front Rim - Mavic 521
    Front Tire - Michellin Hot S 2.1
    Rear Hub - Chris King Classic
    Rear Rim - Ground & Drilled Koxx
    Rear Tire - Michellin Comp 24
    Cassette - Shimano HG 70
    Front Shifter -Shimano
    Rear Derailure - Shimano Sora 105 (road type, i prefered having the short cage to reduce chain slap)
    Chain - Rolhoff

4. 12" frame! sure is different to my 21" XC frame ;)

I have to say, i have always been very impressed by trials riders...the agility and dexterity needed for that sport IMO surpasses most other sports around.

Also, Shimano makes short cage versions of the XT, and XTR rear deraileur, i think.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

My son Alex has the coolest bike.
  6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003

Yeh short cage version is available, however, i was told that road bike deraileures have tighter springs in them, which helps increase chain tension that bit more.
    At first i was not too sure about running a road rear mech, but it worked great while i had it.
  7. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    *searches for *** smiley*
  8. Hey Matt, Pee Wee Herman called...he wants his bike back. :D
  9. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Currently I ride a santa cruz bullit fs. 6" rear, 5" front, full xtr, hayes disc. Its my x-country bike (all arround). I used to race down hill and I rode a GT and then went to a foes. Fun stuff! I just ride for the fun of it now and on the local trails but having lots of ski resorts within an hour of my house I still get some DH in now and them.

10. PICS MY GOOD MAN!!!! PICS!!!!
  11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Actually, he had to sell it to cover legal fees...
  12. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    dont have a scanner but Ill see if I can find some thing close to my bike on the net. I sold one of my DH bikes and broke the frame on the foes. I think I have some pics of those but like I said I dont have a scaner. Ive put together a "franken-bike" with some of the parts I had laying around. Its a schwinn hard tail with a zoke jr T tripple fork, raceface cranks, stem, bars, cris king wheelset, etc.. all I need is a seat post, clamp and cables.
  13. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003

WHo needs a seat anyway? I had one of them mini trials seats for a while..
    This isnt my bike, but it has the same seat and brakes....

14. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Cool bike! I had those same magura brakes on my first GT DH. Damm did those rims get hot!

15. I LOVE old school fat tire cruisers!
  16. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
  17. Used to have / ride / compete on a

Make: Monty
    Frame: Chromoly
    Brakes: Magura Hydraulic
    "Fat Tire"

Wish I had, or could find, a picture.

Here's a link
    Mine was like the black one with no seat, but it was silver.
  18. I wish I could show you my bicycle, but it was stolen last week. I've decided to get a cheapo one to replace it, just so I can ride around with my kids this summer. I went out and bought myself a good thick braided steel cable, with a heavy duty mini u-lock, as well as a Kryptonite Case-hardened chain with u-lock, to deter thieves. The cable and chain probably cost me at least 2 x more than the bike I'm planning to buy. I can just see it now, I'll come out one morning to find my bike leaning against the post, and the chain and cable stolen!