Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show us your Custom Fedora's!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Heres mine:

[​IMG]

I'm worried they might be a little overpriced though :(

:D

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I went to an indie music DIY convention, and at one of the panels, this guy raised his hand for a question. The panel moderator said "yes, you sir, in the hat" and he grumpily said "it's a fedora" then proceeded with his question.

oh, that was funny, I don't know why, just seemed like he was so serious that the panel moderator, and the entire audience knew that it was a fedora.

on a bass related note, Mike Watt was on one of the panels, but I had to go halfway through it.

oh yeah, and this thread has been done before :p

I believe someone actually found this place that made custom wooden hats, including fedoras, they looked really nice, but they were $$$ and more of a novelty item, doubt they'd be very comfortable :meh:

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK

So it has.....:(

A quick search revealed someone beat me to this pun by almost a year!

You know TB may be reaching the limit of "possible threads" when you have to do a search to make sure the stupid thread that you are about to post (which is in no way bass related) has not already been posted before!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Not unlike music. Just as Every note has been played, Ever thread has been made :p

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The groove is in the hat... :rolleyes: :help:

6. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    so is a fedora not a hat? what makes a hat and what makes a fedora not one of them?

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A fedora is simply a style of hat.

8. That would be me! :D

9. I want a fedora.

I also want a fez.

10. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Then what was the aforementioned dude's deal? I hate people like that. "This is not a movie, this is a film" well dumb*** they're the same thing.

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I would look soooooo cool in a fez. :ninja: :smug:

12. it's kind of funny how us at talkbass can carry on a conversation about pretty much anything

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yes and no...without going too far OT, sometimes some people can find using the "generic" titles offensive:

for example referring to someone as "asian" rather than "korean" or "vietnamese" etc

Also, a Fedora is a sub-class of the "hat" genre - so maybe he wasn't implying that it was not a hat, but identifying the particular type of hat :)

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Unless of course it is one of the "evil" topics in which case we are not allowed to carry on a conversation about it :D

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Or when someone calls you a guitar player.