Show Us Your Fender Buttercream Basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west al, Jul 25, 2019.

1. west al

west al Ready, PLAY! Supporting Member

Hey Yawl'! If you have A Fender Buttercream Bass, or Basses, post those Buttercream Fenders here! My Fender Player Buttercream Jazz. A really smooth playing Jazz, strung with D'Addario ETB92 Nylons onboard, and a Fender Black Moto PG also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    GrooverMcTube likes this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Was this really a Fender color or is this what happens to Olympic White over time ?

I know it’s an option now. But was it an original color option?

SwitchGear likes this.
  3. west al

To the best of my knowledge, it's an original color option. I do know what you're saying about the Olympic White turning over time, and there is a Fender Vintage White, and a Fender Vintage Blonde that appear very similar to the Buttercream. The Buttercream color, isn't showing up yet on the Fender Color Chart. I believe it's that new of an option color.
    An interesting point brought up however.

lowdownthump likes this.
  4. west al

Anyone here have any Fender Buttercream basses? On my Buttercream Jazz, I just went back to the Fender Tort PG.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    BassmanM likes this.
  5. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    My '76 oly white P faded over time to a smooth buttercream

20181117_111507.jpg

T-34, geeza, scottm and 3 others like this.
  6. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    "vanilla pudding" was the TDPRI term. Early 70s teles.

7. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    I think this colour would look good with a one ply white pickguard.

lowdownthump likes this.
  8. C8979913-D145-4052-BD38-A5340B6F5C36.png

SwitchGear, scottm, dmt and 2 others like this.
  9. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    lowdownthump and todd burns like this.
  10. west al

Not that it really matters, but I've officially gone back to the original TB user name of, MrNylon. [​IMG]

11. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    Sort of off topic for the reason I ask, but has/does anyone have the ability to test a Fender Antique White against a Buttercream. The wondering how off/close the colors are to each other.

12. I think my telecaster in post #8 is vintage white.

13. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    I noticed that when I took pictures in my bedroom under soft white light and flash - they do look really yellow under those conditions.

I was looking at telecasters (guitars) and noted that they don't come in the buttercream finish. The closest is Antique White. Even the custom shop doesn't have buttercream in it's 2019 checklist, but I'm sure that they'd find it, if you wanted to buy it. Strangely enough, Stratocaster comes in buttercream...go figure. That's essentially why it was a sort of off-topic question.

14. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    My two newest. The player really is a very good bass for the price. All it could really use is an upgrade to the hardware.
    IMG_1931.jpeg

outoftune, scottm and Shaggai like this.
  15. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

Oct 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    IMG-0436.JPG

scottm and Shaggai like this.
  16. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    A little suspect here - buttercream, check. Short scale raspberry pearl Stingray...
    Senor_chang.gif

Iofflight likes this.
  17. Mike Vee

Mike Vee

Oct 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    and a creeper puppy

Iofflight likes this.
  18. Iofflight

Iofflight Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Hahaha Nyx (the dog) and Fíonn, my cat, both desperately love Fed Ex and UPS deliveries. I have to shut the door to prevent peanut mayhem.

Mike Vee likes this.
  19. Shaggai

Shaggai

May 7, 2018
    New Jersey
    OK, been meaning to show off my player precision and jazz when...a knock on the door. It was a pelican. And out of the pelican's gullet, he coughed up the baby.
    resized family.jpg
    Newest member of the family, the exclusive buttercream mustang. Have yet to practice with it but will be doing that shortly. Tested a mustang out at GC to get a feel of one, other than bad strings on that one, a bass that was real small but didn't see as small as the Ibanez Mikro. But now the family is complete, so got it covered if the color never returns. Already giving thoughts to a different pickguard...

BassmanM likes this.
  20. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    IMG_0832.JPG

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021