Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show us your homebuilt stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, May 21, 2002.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I want to see everyone's homebuilt gear, amps, cabs, effects, whatever. I want to see it. And maybe a spec as well :)

2. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Oh yeah, here's my cabinet...

2x15

600W...

Erm... 130c high (including castors)...

Loud and cool, really nice bassy tone.

3. Look in my signature.

4. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Some years ago I built a 112 cab, because I wanted a small but relatively loud cab which could handle my Hartke 2000 I had back than. (And all those 112 cabs offered now where not on the market than). Now I occasionally use it as extension cab for my MB150.

I had no clue how to design a cab, I just bought the speaker (Celestion) and put it in a small box with two rear ports (made of toilet paper rolls!:)) For this it doesn't sound too bad, I actually like it because it cuts through nicely and my 'small rig' is rather loud for the size...
    [​IMG]
    Specs: 200W, 8Ohms, 38lbs.

Matthias

5. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Here is part of my all tube bass preamp. As you can see, it is in an extremely early state of development! This is the input and output stages and they are working like I want them to. Next, the eq stages. Yea, I'll put it in a rack mount chassis before I try to use it! Stay tuned!