1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show us your Line 6 M9 pedalboard!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iamdenialNJ, Apr 15, 2010.

1. So...I made up my mind. The M9 will be replacing a large part of my board. I will have a few essential pedals on the side that cannot be replaced. This is the place to show the rest of the world your m9 pedalboard!! :D

2. strke-fender

strke-fender

Feb 26, 2009
    PT-pro.

3. Dan_T

Dan_T

Oct 18, 2008
    What board is that? I've been tentatively planning something and that looks to be just the right size. Great looking setup too. How do you like it?

4. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    4fb0a6e4.

here's mine. Same size board as above. I'm really diggin the M9. It's a great companion to my other pedals - well the ones it didn't kick of the board!

5. Awesome boards strke-fender and amfmsb!

What do you guys mainly use the m9 for?

6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
  7. amfmsb

amfmsb

Dec 16, 2007
    The pedals the m9 took off my board were an Empress tap trem, Line 6 DL4, MXR phase 90, Hardwire Reverb, and Boss DD-3. I mostly use it for all of the functions those pedals performed. I do wish I had a compact external midi device to control the looper though. I really love the global tap tempo feature, I can set delay at dotted 8ths, then kick on a stuttery sequence tremelo at 16th triplets. The tap feature is also cool for the Seeker and Obi Wah settings.

For the most part I use this pedal as a mod, delay, and verb pedal, but it really can do pretty much everything in a pinch.

8. What is your signal chain? Looks great your board, I'm a captive fan :)

9. i2k

i2k

Oct 31, 2000
    Indonesia
    pedaboard4.

10. MarkAndHisBass

MarkAndHisBass

Nov 4, 2006
    Scotland
    [​IMG]

11. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    What I really like about this thread so far is all the Bass Micro Synths.

Funny, but while it's basically a combo of four simple effects in one box (although the interface is clever and the filter isn't just a simple envelope-follower), it's so well done it's difficult to replace. Nice to see a clever box like the M9 can't replace it either. :)

12. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Photo0183.

13. Here's what I'm currently working with:

orv4nl.

I do have some neat-o toys in the post, and some more to hopefully be in the post soon (build faster!!!) so updates will be forthcoming, but I have been wanting to post this incarnation for awhile now.

(stolen by me, from my post in the SYPB thread) ;)

14. no1000

no1000 Banned

May 13, 2010
    P4190013.

15. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Thread resurrection! Just bought an M9 so I'm eager to see what everyone else is using theirs with. So far planning to use my TU-2, Multi-Comp, M-80, TAFM, BB Preamp/Fulltone Bass Drive, OC-3, IE Xero Deluxe w/EP-2.

I hoping that I can just use the M9 for any other pitch shifting, modulation, delay and reverb stuff. Praying to god that I don't regret selling my Phase 90.

16. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    With the M9, you shouldn't really need the TU-2, Multi-Comp, or the OC-3*.

Decent compressors, great tuner, and very solid bass octaver. Depending on what you use the M-80 for (DI?) the OD's in the M9 are okay.

The Script Phase model is a very good Phase 90 patch.

*My opinions only...

17. famousbirds

famousbirds

Aug 3, 2009
    Honolulu
    The last incarnation of my board with my M9 on it.

VIcl5.

Used almost exclusively for filters, synths and dirt, with a little particle verb here and there. Have since moved back to individual pedals, but it certainly gets the job done. Expression pedal control is astoundingly good.

18. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    I guess I've just got so used to using my TU-2 and OC-3 so they're a bit of a crutch, but my Multi-Comp is always on and I will likely often enough use 3 effects together on the M9 to make it irritating to have to sacrifice an effect slot.

My M-80 is used for an FOH DI out, tone shaping and yeah sometimes (sparingly) I use the OD channel. Very glad to hear about how good the Phase 90 model is though! How good are the Chorus models?

19. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    There's probably a few things I could take off of my board with the M9, but the M9 was the last in, so most of my settings/sounds/whatever were based in the pedals I had. I think at some point if I get more stuff I'll rearrange, but with the versatility of the M9 I haven't had the need yet.

zYUSG.

20. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    oooooh that's some sexy moogness.