1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show us your Road Worn Fender Basses...!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Theo-cantor-, Mar 29, 2009.

1. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just picked up from Bass People here in Sydney, Australia. Love it already

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Very Cool! Did you get it new or used?

It looks used, and I mean in a good way. The arm contour wear on the body is pronounced, and the strings look like GHS...or am I nuts???

3. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    Hey Jim. It's new. I had them string it and set it up with Tomastik Infeld (sp?) Jazz Flats in 100 - 43. Yummy!

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Cool—I'm about to put DR Sunbreams on mine. My RW Jazz is the same color as yours. Great basses, aren't they? Play the frets off of that beauty! Congrats!

5. BillySid

BillySid Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Weatherford, TX
    Picked this one up recently.

50sRoadieP.

6. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Old thread; forgive me.

I was +1 to this concept, and even bought a nice 2SB MIM body to do it. I have a lot of parts towards that goal; e.g. Hipshot tuning machines, 62 RI pickups, CTS pots. But the Road Worn P neck was $350 from stratosphere...

Oops! A bit into my cups, I just bought a new Road Worn 50s Precision online. DAMN the internet! but...you know, cool...

Pics to follow on arrival!

7. Arrow

Arrow

Sep 10, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Very old thread...but still:

20170526_171345.

lowdownthump and moonshinegtrs like this.