Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show Us Your Roadstars!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Jan 13, 2006.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I had been seriously neglecting my 85 Roadstar bass and rediscovered it a few days ago. Take out your Roadstars and show em to the world....umm or at least here on Talkbass.

Roadstars rock!

2. Nice! Here's my '99 Roadstar. :p

Attached Files:

3. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY

BWAH-HA-HAAAA!!!

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    nice but I'll bet mine is seeing more action than yours these days!

5. If we are still talking about the bass vs the bike, I would have to agree with you. ;)

6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Indeed we are.....awesome lookin bike.

7. Thanks. I sometimes wish it was called something else though. Everytime I would do a search on eBay, I would get a bunch of auctions for Roadstar basses and would get annoyed! Then I learned you could just pull the ones related to bikes and became much happy. I'm learning to manage stress though, and I'm much blblblblblbl... better these days.:help:

BTW, what's the autograph on your pick guard?

Lager,
    Rocky

8. Steve Harris? Never heard of him. Is he a local lad?

Cool!!! :cool:

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Always loved the natural wood tone basses......

10. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    I have the same bass as you. Mine has the p/j config that I replaced with active EMG's and a Badass bridge.I traded a 73 Fender Jazz for it in 85 , not knowing that I was getting the screws. I loved that roadstar, the neck was nice and thin, like a jazz. I will try to get some pics soon.

11. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I would like to see it. I also think the neck is pretty close in size to a Fender jazz. For what people are charging for these basses they are good value for money.

12. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Not a Roadster but the next best thing a 80's Blazer! I gotta get a better pic but this bass kicks butt! I also have a killer Musician.

13. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I like the Blazers a lot too (can't really be a lot of difference between your and mine), and I have a sweet pair of -824's: a Musician and a Roadster. One day I'll find a great pair of the -924's to round out the collection.
    My Roadstar has seen a bit of a tough life, so I'm wondering about a new pickguard and a Darkstar pickup for her to give her a new lease on life.

14. That's what I have - an '81 Roadster 924. Lovely bass.

Mine is the Sunburst: http://www.ibanezregister.com/images/BASSES/images-rs/rs924/rs924bs-81.jpg

Right now I'm GASsing about the BTB1205e.

15. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
  16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I think the only difference is the headstock, between the Blazer and Roadster. I have a Frog belly colored 924 and it is one of the best bases I have ever owned, The headstock was worthy of my avatar!! lol.
    I thought the same thing when I bought the Blazer. I was looking for Pbass project that I could put a darkstar in, BUT!! The stock dimarzio p pup sounds so dam god that I'm leaving it alone and I'm just going to play the crap out of it!
    Great thread for some of the most under appreciated tone monsters ever made!

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I had that exact bass!! I sold it to my brutha Thor here on TB. He needed a new bass Baaaaad but wanted something good. I sold him my Roadster with full intention that if he has to give it up that I would be the one to get it back,, I don't think I'll ever see it back because it's his main bass.:bawl:
    I been waiting for him to chime in here with a pic
    I'll post what I have.
    My 924 next to now his Road!

18. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan