Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show us your Rogue!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cubeenz, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Everyone's talking about the "show us" posts, so I thought I'd throw one in. I don't own one, nor have I ever. I've never ven touched one. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there proud enough of their Rogue to actually photograph it.

2. I love the rogue, especially the one at Bass Northwest, with the Spalted Birch.

Arvid, where are you? Apa kabar dude? Arvid, tell me about the sound of your Rogue, you don't talk much about it.

Thanks

3. I don't think he's talking about Alembic Rogues, but this "Musicians Friend" brand.
    [​IMG]

4. That Rogue sucks

5. Here is my Rogue! It is better than an MTD 535!
    [​IMG]

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Rouges suck?! That's just your opinion. Lemme tell you something. Will Lee was playing at a jazz club here in Atlanta last year, and he was playing a Rouge 5 string. Yes, those little cheap basses! He was amazing. I asked him about it later, and he said, "I'm waiting for my Sadowsky deal to elapse, so can sign on with these guys. This blows away any Sadowsky that I've played!" Needless to say I was shock. Then he started soloing, and it was.....ah who the hell am I kidding? I'm lying and you know it! :oops:

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Rogue's are overpriced.

;)

8. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    :D :D :D AS IF!!!

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    rogues are horrible.

10. Musician's Friend accidently ship me a rogue eq pedal, which I did not order, and I check their website, it cost like $30 bucks! No way I would buy that pedal for $30, and guess where it is made. The plastic and everything is cheaply made, I don't think it could stand being stomp on all night.

11. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I have a Rogue while not the best bass ever its not bad. Of course that is my opinion i could givea **** less if any of you thought otherwise.

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I played a Rogue once. While it is no Alembic of course, for like 150 bucks and the fact you are getting two pickups, they would definatley be an ideal starter bass.

13. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Hey man, that's tempesting if I ever saw it.

14. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    You threw me off for a second...I was like ***, Rogue better then Sadowsky....

15. When people discover that Rogues really are as good as Sadowskys, their price will skyrocket. Then they won't be able to say "Finally...a real bass for under $100."

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Thanks for noticing, T;)

And for anyone else who didn't get it... I was joking.

Rogue's are fine for what they are, an affordable instrument.

17. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    don't even get me started, it is pure junk. I'm sorry but IMO its a total waste of money. Back in the day when I played metal a band that opened the show had a Rogue bass. He had two of them and my god, it sounded so bad. Complete mud, no notes could be heard. After seeing us play this kid asked me how to get a good tone with his bass... I told him "BUY A NEW BASS!" :p i looked at it and there was a crack in the neck, he said he never knew about that, plus his input on one of his backups was shot. Its just very cheaply made but for a beginner I guess it might be ok...but I don't know. He too ordered two of them from musicians friend. with that money he could have saved up a little more and got a cheap Ibanez...

18. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I don't get it.

19. gabu has a fairly nifty rogue acoustic. it LOOKS nifty, at least...

20. punkbassist

punkbassist Guest

Dec 3, 2001
    New Jersey
    isn't rogue made by squier by fender? lol that just makes me laugh. "rogue by fender by squier" plus i think of them as the things they sell at jc penny