Show your Benavente :-)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brian Barrett, May 4, 2002.

1. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    Sorry I see so many people posting their favorite bass builders or thier in production bass that I just figured I'd show what I consider the best builder out. I've owned them all and this is the one that stands out to me.
    THESE ARE BASSES THAT WHERE CUSTOM BUILT OR HAVE SOLD. So don't bother with the discrip.

I'll throw a few links to some of his awesome work up here! (sorry, I'm an idiot when it comes to posting pics on this site! :)
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Whoa! That is a really nice bass! Kinda has a Warwick Dolphin vibe, and then runs with it. (Nice setup too!) That buckeye burl top compliments the body shape, if that makes any sense to you...

I like it!
  3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I've played several including one that was on your site. I didn't care for them much. I didn't think the construction was up to par and the tone
  4. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    im sure most basses are now going to pale in comparison to that emperor or yours!
  5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    You know... I think you could be right!
  6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    So where does the "your" come in? You should have titled the thread "Me showing Benavente basses which I've sold, come on you know want to buy one from me".

You also just posted a pic of the silver Ritter you have for sale, in the thread about exotic-wood basses.

7. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder
    I don't believe I mentioned anything about selling the ritter now did I !!
    It was about furniture looking basses. I thought a crome table top was funny.

Sorry I bothered you!
  8. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder
    WOW I just realized... PETER PARKER......

Man great movie this weekend, your a millionair now!!!! JK

Sorry to here about your bad experience. I'm figuring you must have played some of his older stuff. His stuff has really changed over the past year.
    Sounds like you have a nice fodera anyways. Fodera's are great basses I've taken two in on trade in the past month.

Joe and Vinny a cool guys!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey!whats up Brian,thought I would send you a hello.and yes! Chris is a very talented luthier,and if he keeps it up, he will be around for decades to come.I was in Nashville a few weeks ago and Lisa mentioned that she got one of Chri's basses from you.
    take care,and we will talk soon.
  10. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder
    whats up JAUQO III-X

Hope things are going well. Yea she's a nice lady. Her and Reggie came by and saw me.

Are you going to be in Nash for NAMM?
  11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder
    Oh and if anyone doesn't know who JAUQO III-X is, he's one bad dude and a super nice guy!!

check your bass player and the guy sitting with the blue 8 string warrior :)

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Oh yes,and as always we will hang.kool hearing from you.
  13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    don't you know we dont like you memphis guys in here!lol i'm from memphis too. actually i was speaking to you about that eden head you had...ended up goin with an swr sm400s. when is nashville namm? gotta call in some favors!lol welcome to talkbass dude.
  14. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    This is my Benavente. It plays just as well as any Fodera. I LOVE Fodera basses! I love this bass! It is really a great instrument. All the Benavente basses I've played have been nothing but great. Super low action with NO rattle. I've purchased several basses from Brian. He has always been strait. I love this buckeye burl top!! LOVE IT!!
  15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder

Thanks for explaining it. I was beginning to think that if I didn't agree on the bass of a particular member then I would get slammed. It seems like everyone on talkbass is closed minded. I'm glad to find out thats not true and that its just memphis, tn people they don't like. I can sleep better to know it hasn't come down to one opinion!!!!

Glad to hear you got something that works for you, thats the most important thing!!!
  16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, if we are all so close-minded, then you won't have much luck selling to us, will ya??:rolleyes:

I for one haven't been slammed for not liking a bass that someone else happens to. And I for one don't slam anyone that doesn't like the basses/amps that I do. And I know that most of the users here are the same way. Don't try starting a flame war here.

Also, many users saw this thread as "spam". It was reported to me a while back, but I just let it ride. If you were to put a little plug here or there in appropriate threads, fine. That is tolerated. But starting your own thread merely for means of advertising is a whole different matter. There are two other members here that I can think of right off hand that are also working in this business. Neither of them has started threads showing off basses that they have for sale or have sold, that I have seen. They have offered their input or information, and done the occasional plug, in threads that were asking about how/where to get a specific bass, or on pricing (you get my drift).

This is the reason that you are getting a little flack on this thread. If that is being close minded, fine.

17. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Dealer, Builder

Thanks for explaining it. I really didn't see any different in it and the show your DP opr show your MTD or show what ever.

I also never said anything about call me for a bass, etc. Sorry I was just curious how many people out there had Benavente's to post.

Also if you read the post you will see I was commenting on the previous post. I was actually stating that everyone was close-minded. I do see people get attacked all the time on talkbass for their view...... I guess thats cool?

** Sorry everyone for messing up your forum and posting a Show your Benavente!!!!!!!

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    From another member's quote:

"Don't assume anything, because it makes an ASS out of U and ME.

19. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i am the most closed minded pig on earth and i am a member (soon i'll be a supporting member) of talkbass. i am so closed minded that i still play a 4 string bass. and guess's a fender precision. and i use a prehistoric amp made in the most closed minded country of the world: Italy.

it's so good to be closed minded. you have to try!
  20. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    well.. I was going to stop in and look at basses... but I got caught up reading everyones posts taht I got sidetracked...

Anyways.. I have no experience with these basses, but they are gorgious basses. Not the bass for me but I still think they are nice