1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show your cig burns!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bert Slide, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    I'm a firm believer that at least part of the mojo in old guitars can be attributed to their being cured for years in smoky barrooms. Let's see your basses, guitars, amps and any other gear ya got with tasty burn marks. Here's my 4001:

photo_zps2520a245.

2. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    HA! Cool topic!

3. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Good grief.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I never stuck cigarettes under the strings very much. I always used to just have the butt stuck in the corner of my mouth, and squint like Popeye.

As a result there are ashes crammed into the crack between the pick guard and the body on my Ric, and inside the body on my AC50.

I'll see if I can take any pics.

5. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Here's the one on my '59 P-Bass. I didn't do it... non-smoker, but I sure saw and owned a lot of instruments with this type of burn mark.

DSC04177.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

my '76 Precision ...
    Fender-7.
    i've played many , many gigs with this one .
    i bought it used in 1978 , so this burn mark was from original owner in 1976 .

7. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    Amateurs...
    th?id=H.4970622682267811&pid=1.
    th?id=H.4943250789173365&pid=1.

8. This thread is already funny. Love it.

9. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    Don't forget I included amps and other gear in the OP. Here's my old tuck n roll. Burn looks much worse with the flash pic than in real life. It's character I tell Ya!

kustomburn12_zpse7739fa6.

kustomburn_zps89e588a0.