Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your dents & scratches

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UrbanAssault415, Jun 21, 2005.

1. With everyone showing there new shiny bass recently, i think its time for a little change.So as the title says show ur damaged basses. I think it be better if it not just your trash but an actual working bass. In a sick twisted way i want to see a custom bass with some wear an tear :smug: (i think thats my jelous side talking)

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    wow this one was played in Vietnam,Afganistan,Korea and Iraq invasion,wow,ugly,ugly :rollno:

3. is that a jaco relic or a realy fudged up jazz?

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I declare silent method's pic the winner. :)

Oh, and I suggest it becomes a RULE the bass must be in good working order... not just some smashed up piece of junk that's been used as tire chocks for the last 10 years.

5. Dent's and scratches???? I fell in a race once, butt hit the pavement at 18.8 mph according to my GPS. Had some neat dents and scratches from that... I'll see if I can find some pictures.... Be right back..

Randy

6. Oh how my Godin suffered. :crying:

Attached Files:

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I don't think that even Jaco would play that ugly thing.

8. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    O.K.

9. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Does that Dingwall have parallel frets? If so, it's the first I've seen like that.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a picture of it in your profile.

10. UGLY!?!? I thing it looks really cool.

Has anyone seen the jacked up P-Bass that Pete from Fall Out Boy plays? He is playing it in the "Sugar We're Going Down" video, which is #2 on TRL right now. Aww man, it is gorgous. I saw him playing it in concert a while back, and WOW!

11. tanuki

tanuki Bass Minotaur

Dec 13, 2004
    bristol, england
    c'mon boys, a picture of a custom aged jazz and a couple of dings? Wheres the fire damage, where are the ones that only just survived punk rock, the ones with an entire scectrum of blood groups floating around..?

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Maybe someone will post a pic of the MTD 535 that got run over. :bag:

13. That statement makes me wanna cry. :bawl:

14. SamHD

SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I bought it used like this, but I still love it. Having chips on it already frees my mind a little...

[​IMG]

15. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I've still yet to see that picture.

16. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    1989.5 LB70

Here's one. (Not the only one on this bass, but the only one I have a good pic of handy.)

[​IMG]

17. What can I say about this bass that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan? :p

Seriously though I'd like to think that at least one of my basses will look like that in 30 years or so. Not all of them, just one. That is assuming it's still in working order.

edit: Can someone tell me what the four holes between the bridge and the pup are? I've never been too sure.