Show your Elricks...........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Thanks, the streaks are more pronounced in this picture with the lighting. Here’s a few more!

2. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Matching headstock.

3. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    thanks mike,
    i've gone through that same process myself~

so, nothing bad about the elrick, huh?

4. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    David,

Yes, I cut 130 HZ on my Glockenklang Soul with a couple of the bass control settings. The setting I use most is all tone controls maxed with mid freq switch set high.

Sam

PS: Is it your Warwick Quadruplet?

5. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The only complaint I ever had with my Elricks is that the lower horn dug into my leg a bit when I played sitting, especially on the 6 which was quite a bit heavier than the 5. Other than that, the Elrick was one of the nicest 6's I've ever laid hands on!

Mike

6. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    GS5....retry

7. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    [​IMG]

Nice....Really Nice....

Question..Are you having trouble staying in tune?

Only reason I ask is that I noticed that you have only 1 wrap around the post.

8. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    My old one. I wish I had it back!

:bawl:

[​IMG]

9. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Thanks. I had put it away for a few months and had been playing my Cote 4, but this thread inspired me to break it out again.

Absolutely no problems staying in tune with the one wrap. I was always told that multiple wraps can put a lot of strain on the machine heads.

10. Fretted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wenge neck through with wenge fretboard, alder body wings with Tasmanian Rose Myrtle Burl tops & headstock, and Honduran mahogany tone plate. Bart soapbars and 3 band eq.

I've never heard of rose myrtle before, and I thought Rob had a big block of it around but I haven't seen any other examples of it. There is no dye, that redness is the actual color of the wood, and it's stunning.

It's a great playing and sounding bass, my all time favorite fretted bass. It's fairly light, and the tone is punchy and deep, with a great mid snap. I often need to cut the low mids and bass a bit. The B string sounds just like the E string, using slowwounds.

11. And fretless:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Single cut neck through with maple neck and lined ebony fingerboard with alder wings and maple burl top and headstock and walnut tone plate. The pickups are Bart JJ.

This has a very solid, deep woody sound, and the low notes blossom and sustain forever with real clarity. It's the ultimate ballad bass.

Aloha,

Jonathan

12. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    OH MY GOD, THAT'S MY DREAM BASS RIGHT THERE. that wood is really really beautiful. why haven't i seen many other luthiers use this rose myrtle burl? i might have to go to hawaii and stalk jonathan to get him to sell me that bass!

13. Matt Power

Matt Power Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Magnolia, TX
    Call Tropical Exotic Hardwoods in Carlsbad, Ca. They have TONS of rose myrtle burl.
    Give me horse chestnut any day.....

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I have three Elricks.

From left to right: Spalted Maple on Ash SC5 fretless, Spuce on Mahogany semi-hollow NJS fretless 5, Crotch Walnut on Ash E-Volution 4.

[​IMG]

15. arcopizz

arcopizz

Sep 3, 2002
    Arizona
    I LOVE this bass! Funkiest Jazz tone I've ever been able to come up with. Very light (~7lbs). Burl Maple top, southern ash body, wenge neck with a birdseye maple board. This one's a keeper!

16. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................

17. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Hey Everyone.....

All the pics of the Elricks look great.....Keep them coming.

One quick question concerning the 5 strings...What's the finger spacing?
    17MM or 19MM

18. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    It was 19mm on mine, both the 5 and 6.

Mike

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    woah, weird,

cause on my swamp ash winged / maple core / walnut topped EL, i have to cut some of the upper mids, and about 1/4 of the highs, cause its too cutting and bright for me sometimes. if i set it flat and go direct into the board, its naturally bright voice is very apparent.

20. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    i would assume the wood combination and brand/type of strings would make a huge difference.