Show your Elricks...........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Aug 1, 2003.

1. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    mmmmmmm This one ways only 6.6 pounds! I wonder if it sounds like a J-Bass. :meh:

[​IMG]

2. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Syracuse Ut
    My 8 lb. fretless SC5, burl maple over ash, pink ivorywood board, Aero's is still the one. I let another bass player play a song on it during a gig, and he's still after me to sell it to him, he's up to $3,000 and is dead serious, he's got the $ in a special account in case I ever change my mind.

I used to think it was maybe a little too "round" sounding in a Classic Rock setting, then I heard it recorded in CD - wow, it absolutely dominated the band (2 Les Pauls at that!). :D

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Probably not. Elricks tend to have their own unique vibe. Jazz-ish but I doubt I'd mistake one for a Fender or clone. The highs are very distinctive.

That bass has an Aguilar preamp. I just checked out a Platinum 5 with the OBP-3 and as much as I like that preamp in one of my Brubakers I didn't care for it at all in the Elrick. Different strokes.

BTW the price on this at GGuitars is very reasonable IMO. Very.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've always been very interested in Rob's basses. If anyone sees a used 6 around pleeeaaaassssse let me know...........

5. SCHWING!!!!!!

6. This bass is for sale at G Guitars no??? :confused:

Vince

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Yep... and IMO the price is right;)

8. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    JR,

I owned that exact bass for a little while( I bought it new). It does have a j-ish sound to it but Not exactly close enough.

The Bartolini coils gave it a nice warm sound, but it didn't really seem to have that growl. Neck was also a little chunker than my last Elrick.

If it had J-pickups and was a 34" I would have kept it.

That bass is absolutely amazing in person.....Light weight, balanced perfect, and that top {just look at that top}.........

But the biggest factor was that it has a 35" scale.

9. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
  10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
  11. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    I have an Elrick Gold Standard 5 that came my way from fellow TBer Big Joe. I really love this bass. So much so that my MTD 535 went bye bye. I would like to get another one in the future.

12. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Hi, my name is Steve, and I'm an Elrick owner.....
    I love my Elrick......is that a sin?????

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Sadowsky!!

;)

14. FMT!!!

;)

15. Obsius29A

Obsius29A

Dec 20, 1999
    Huntington, NY
    Wish I could have been quicker on the draw w/ GGuitars on that Elrick! Maybe I can track down the current owner and trade him my rig ;-)

16. Hey Sufenta,
    I love my Elrick proto 5'er too, but mama says I have to let it go to make room for the new F I just got from Adrian Garcia.
    Look for it to be posted for sale soon. I hate to see it go, it responds so well to your touch and style! :(

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Finally saw the light, huh?

:D

18. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    A couple of months ago I dropped by Atlanta Bass Gallery and was just knocked out by an Elrick gold series 5 that I played there. I found a nice flamed maple top Elrick at GGuitars and couldn't resist. I love the neck profile and the 3/4" string spacing. Great slap bass and at 7 lbs. really takes a load of my shoulder! :D

19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

Sweet:D

20. You mean the big gap where the neck meets the body?

:D