Show your Elricks...........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dragonbass, Aug 1, 2003.

1. There are definely a lot of brands that I have to try and to buy, in order to own many different things!
    Elricks are in this plan....

Money.... :bawl:

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    hehe,

cool to see this thread still alive. ;)

btw, check out this link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/notunlikemusic.htm

behold, my trip hop band's old SoundClick site, where by scrolling to the regular "non-remix" version of "Secrets and Lies", you can hear my El in action. its a really early demo i did of the song, and its the only clip i really have of ol' Betsy, cause i used mostly my Sadowskys on the rest of our newer album. but at least, you can hear her in action.

to jog your memories, my Elrick's a singlecut neck thru, in a super resonant swamp ash body, crotch walnut top, macassar ebony board, w/ maple neck block. pickups are bart jazzes w/ the bart preamp. 35" scale. strung up with Sadowsky Nickels.

from what i remember, i think i had the treble rolled waaaay down, rolled down a touch of the upper mids, and bumped up a nice amount of the bass. using both pickups and ran straight into the board via a countryman. no EQ on the board.

whether or not is sounds like a bolt on jazz? i dont think so, but i couldnt care. sure, i have sadowsky's, but cant get enough of that woody fat tone of the Elrick. :cool:

3. Nice, Joker!!

4. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I'd still like to have one of these..

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I should have one soon;)

6. Basso Gruvitas

Basso Gruvitas Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth TX
    I'm with you Mark. If anyone knows of one with a spalted maple top for sale, TALK TO ME!!

Brad, you should become a dealership. You got more action than a lot of bass dealers out there!

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings

There's a lot of activity out there. I'm just scratching the surface.

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Yeah, I was just having a discussion at alt.guitar.bass about the obvious effect of neck gap on Andy Fraser's tone on "All Right now". Whenever he hit the Ab there was the slighest warble. Damn you neck pocket!!

;)

Anyhoo... got this NJS 5 (2nd from left) recently in trade for my Smith. Sweet.

[​IMG]

9. Wow. Learn somthing every day. Didn't know Fender was making FMTs back in the mid 70s.

Nice Elrick, btw...

Thanks.

:smug:

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    No problem.

And no gap here.

11. Congratulations!!

12. calvizio

calvizio

Aug 30, 2004
  13. Hey guys I just purchased my dream bass. I have been after an Elrick for some time now. I just got a 4 string Elrick with a Walnut top,matching headstock, and a bubinga fretboard. The thing is beautiful and sounds better than it looks. Pix coming soon!! My question is how to care for the bass. I want to make sure the wood doesnt dry out and start looking dull. Any ideas? I would appreciate any help. Thanks :bassist: :confused:

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    Rob Elrick told Brad Johnson (who in turn told me) to use Briwax (a furniture wax) to care for Elricks. Get the 'Clear' variety, and apparently you should work in small areas at a time. I ordered mine and should be getting some in the next couple of days-$15 a can off of eBay.

15. I bought the actual bass on the Elrick site. It is in the gallery. I will try to get home photos on soon.. :bassist: :D

16. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Very nice!

17. My Elrick bolt-on fretless 5-string:

[​IMG]

18. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL

nice!!! specs?

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    I like it! Very simple and beautiful.