Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your F basses!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Aug 24, 2002.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Here's one of the 2 coming from George Furlanetto. the other is a sunburst BN5 - arriving next week- if everything they say is true.... this one stays here!!
    [​IMG]
    i have been talking to George about a spalted maple top ( since my spalted 635 is for sale) but im not sure it gets much better than this natural ash figuring. For those counting.. the Fodera didnt last- great bass, not my sound.. the Thuya Roscoe 6 is under construction, itll be my Jimmy Haslip wannabe bass.. the R bass is for sale, i ordered a walnut MTD535- so itll be MTD535, FBass bn5 and Roscoe skb6

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    OOOoooooo! This is going to be a great looking thread!! :D

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    ADRIAN GARCIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I don't have an F bass, but I love them.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That one's not for sale, huh, Adrian? Uforia told me to tell you that she wants it!:D

5. Hey, can we put a temporary hold on this thread? I'll have my new and improved F Bass sometime in the next couple weeks. :D

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    embellisher- i think not, but THIS one is..
    [​IMG]

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    David- i REALLY am happy to hear youre gonna stay an F bass man- what color are you getting? i was after another spalt or maybe a black and white ceruse- which i ordered anyway, but this ash is just SO killin!

8. The new BN5 is going to be green but not a burst. George sent me some pictures, but they're too big to post here, and I can't shrink them down since I don't have photoshop installed. It's also got a one-piece neck with a little flame on it and a reversed tuner setup (2+3 vs. 3+2). It looks great! George did a great job of taking a closeup around the cavity cover and everything just to humor me. :D

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    if you email me the pic- ill post it for ya- peace! and congrats!!

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Adrian, an acquaintance of mine has 7 F basses, including a pretty cool Spalted. I haven't heard any of them but if they're like mine...:eek: ;)

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

O... M... G....

Adrian, I've seen some fantastic bass collections but considering your ash F bass and spalt MTD and thuya Roscoe, yours competes with any of 'em. I guess the spalt is on the way out... but even so, gonna do a family photo for us sometime?

Enviously yours,
    Fuzzbass

12. Wow! That Ash is stunning! Does he still do the Ceruse (sp?) finish? I played a black one that was really sweet. I think about it often! :D

Jeff

13. Adrian.

What are the usual waiting time on these if custom ordered?

and that Ash is stunning.

if you're not keeping it, please let us know! :D

14. All right, Adrian - it looks like you got my other one (or at least the natural ash BN5 I hoped to get to fill my collection)!!! Does the S/N start with 16 or 17? #17 was the one I really liked, but they were both outstanding! I haven't sold my house yet, and I guess George couldn't hold it for me any longer - DAMN!! Love the flame on the fretboard!! I still want a BN5, but I'll have to be happy with my new Studio 5 for now (oh, yeah - that's MORE than enough!!):

[​IMG]

Sooner or later, I'll get tired of posting these pics....NOT!:D

15. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    my former F. it was fretless with 28 "fret". Sorry for the crappy picture :)

[​IMG]

16. MAN those are some nice basses:eek:

i absolutely adore the wood pickups, and i was wondering how they did them, i mean, are the p'ups all wood or is the wood just stuck on top of them :confused:

l8rz

Tom

17. The wood is a cover for the custom handwound humcancelling pickups concealed inside. The pickups themselves are seated in the covers with wax (so that they can be serviced or replaced easily), and then each pickup assembly is mounted into the appropriate body cavity with screws through nylon (I think) shock-mounts.

:cool:

18. He most certainly does. If you get a chance, stop by Mandalay Bay sometime and check out their attraction, "Storm", it's one helluva show.

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    ok! masterfunk- the build time on custom orders is 12 to 16 weeks.. i most likely will keep the ash, or play it while i order a spalt top- then sell it as preowned.
    BigO - im not sure if its the bass in question. They will ship tomorrow, so i dont know the serial numbers- i did ask George if it was at all possible to get chrome at such a late hour- we'll see...
    BrettAM: thanks so much for the kind words- STORM closed last month :( - Mandalay Bay pulled the plug- i have been blessed to stay busy , though, tonight, for example , i play at the Blue Note... cool gig. but i will audition for the next big show they are bringing - its called "mama mia" and its a huge hit on boroadway and london- its a big dance show in three acts set to the music of ABBA, who were a major influence (;) . the show producers could be lurking here!!!...) - cant wait to get the F bass, ive herad so often what tone monsters they are.. keep them F bass pics coming!!- peace!- A.

20. Ah yes, good ol' blue note. Have fun there-my favourite jazz lounge in the world.

It's likely you'll get the gig with "Mama Mia", given they were pleased with your work on "Storm". Looks like I saw it just in the nick of time-I caught it just at the end of June.