Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your fodera's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by matt essay, Sep 9, 2003.

1. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Well guys and gals.

I happen to think that fodera's are by far the most beautiful instruments made today so lets have a thread showing them off. I dont own a fodera but hope to own one in the future.

2. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i'll play- this one was mine a while back
    [​IMG]

3. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't own one but agree with your statement. Here you go.

[​IMG]

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I am going to post pictures of the ones I have owned or currently own. Here they are.

My Garrison and favorite bass I have yet to play:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

This was my Emperor...I sold it to this guy that plays in the Mar Dels. It was a really good bass and probably the nicest looking emperor I've seen (if you like Buckeye that is ;) ).

[​IMG]

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Here is an Imperial I own. It is currently up for sale at Bass Alone. The inlay was designed by me and done by John D. Refretting was done by Carey Nordstrand. It's a great bass, but with everything I want to get, something has to go... :)

[​IMG]

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

This bass used to be mine...*sigh* It was simply awesome. I really miss it. But I had to sell it if I wanted to get this Garrison, so you gotta do what you gotta do. If Boogie ever decides to sell it, I hope I get first dibs. It's beyond incredible. :bawl:

[​IMG]

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I am having a Monarch built currently. It's going to be a five string tuned E-C with a walnut body w/ matching walnut on the back of the headstock. The fingerboard will be ebony. The top will be ebony/holly in the design seen here. This is my concept of it, but since it will be a five string the body will be slightly larger and the overall look is just a bit different. It should be done end of october/early november. I hope it turns out as well as my last bass.

[​IMG]

9. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Here's mine, the best bass I've ever played. It's not as fancy as some with it's mac ebony top but it has an understated beauty that I love.
    [​IMG]

The top in real life actually looks very similar to the ebony top Benavente Adrian has at AccessBass. My camera is in need of updating.

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I am sure it looks awesome. I know the guy that has the ebony topped Imperial on the Bass Alone site and they look incredible in person. Definitely very classy. May I say I am just slightly jealous of that Emperor? ;)

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Good grief Jared!! :eek:

Sell something else!! That bass is too sweet!!!

12. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Yeah, Jared with that sweet-ass Garrison you have, I would be jealous too:) Not to mention the others you've owned. Your's has without a doubt the best buckeye top I've seen.

13. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Wow.

Jared i think you made the right decision getting the garrison. That is a beautiful bass. I own the herbie hanccok dvd and think matt garrisons bass is the most stunning instrument i have ever seen. Plus he is by far one of the most incredible bass players of jazz history. I guess its in the genes.

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    here's one i had for about a week....
    [​IMG]

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    and one that is here right now for sale..
    [​IMG]

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    don't apologize for Mac Ebony !i t's one of my favortie top woods..
    i know you don't like these...but this is super sweet!!!
    [​IMG]

17. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    They are great looking basses. I've had a number come through the shop. Heres a few.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    got that DVD- and Matt's cd and couple of John McLaughlin cds with Matt on them- Matt is probably the freshest new bass voice around- he is a deep cat! Awesome player !!

19. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Yeah that's more what the other Imperial looks like in person. So classy looking IMO. I love it. BTW Adrian, wrong thread!! :mad: :D