Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by addylewis, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I've not got one, I just wanna see some before I make up my mind about my next purchase...
  2. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    This is from 6 months ago, the SB-2 is gone and I've got a few more now. My favorite manufacturer, can you tell?

3. Jeez...10?!

Come on...

ok - have you got a new pic of your current arsenal?
  4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Hey bdgotoh, what's the color of that Climax/L-1500 over on the left? That's really an amazing collection. I'm starting with an L-1500 (ordered Friday), and if I like it as much as I expect, I'll just keep going!
  5. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    The Climax and the SB-2 are the same color - Emerald Blue metallic. I should have a new L-2000 in that color sometime soon.

I don't know what's wrong with having 10, at least they are all different!
  6. Nothing wrong with it at all man, its just jealousy creeping I've said before "You can never have too much of a good thing - bass IS a good thing!"

Have you got a more recent photo for us man...?
  7. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    No pics lately, I'll try to clean up my room and get a pic in the next few days. Take out the SB-2, add a different SB-2 and a JB-2 and a couple of Lynxes and you get the idea!
  8. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Here's my old SB-1. Since this pic was taken I've ordered a G&L MFD J bridge pickup and installed TI flats. I played the bass at the last gig with a blues band and it was perfect. Hung out on the P all night other than when we played "Strut" (Taj Mahal and Jimmy Smith) where I cop the B-3 bass thing other than 24 bars at the end of a gtr solo where I flipped to the bridge for a little Jaco walk. I hardly played my StingRay. I love it dearly, but the SB with the flats really suits that vibe. I can't wait to hear it through the B-15 in the studio.

9. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000