1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

show your geddy lee jazz bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzbasser535, Apr 15, 2006.

1. jazzbasser535

jazzbasser535

Feb 25, 2006
    I know that many people have the Geddy Lee signature model Jazz Bass that Fender makes (myself included.) This thread is to show pictures of yours or someone elses.

2. This is the first Fender I bought. It is what turned me on to the Fender sound. I have been playing with mostly Ibanez and Peavey due to the slimmer and faster necks, but I really wanted to go with a passive Fender.

View attachment 33039

3. BasStefan

BasStefan Guest

here ya go

Attached Files:

4. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Does a real one count...? This my '73. I have actually just sold it to another TBer, so it's only mine for a short time.

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Jury's still out on whether I'll keep it this way, but currently looks this way anyway. Changes are, converted to pan-vol-tone, and switched over to DiMarzio Model J's to lose the hum (but THANKFULLY retain the tone, as I definitely DO like the original pickups).

This bass KILLS! Kicks a$$, takes names, and laughs over the broken bodies it leaves in its growling wake... :D

blackgeddy.

6. Hey Burtonisalive - I know it is off thread, but I see that you have the Flying V Bass. I have one, too, but pretty much hate it. What's your take on it?

7. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Here's mine......standard Geddy but with a new pickguard.

[​IMG]

8. afroman

afroman Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Here's mine, soon to be sold since I got my Lakland Skyline DJ.
    But the GL is an awesome bass, specially when modded:D