Show your Gibson Grabbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TAKEUPARMS, Dec 24, 2005.

Nov 9, 2005
    To all of you here that have gibson Grabbers, post them here, i haven't been able to see a lot of wine red or walnut Grabbers. can't find any real pictures
  2. I don't think anyone oh here has one. :(

I use to have a '79 Ripper and traded that for a '91 Thunderbird which is my main fretted bass for now. I've played the Grabber and like it a lot though.
  3. I had a G-3 back in the day. I wish I still had it. Almost gave it away, I sold it so cheap. :(
  4. I had a Grabber, my first real bass, but it was stolen in 1982.

Hmmm, maybe I'll see it here.
  5. +1! Me too! Black. Awsome looking. Just wish I knew then what I know now about getting a good sound out of a bass with gear and playing technique! I would have never gotten rid of it. Traded for a Rick, though; not too bad a deal... ;)
  6. i was going to buy a ripper in september for 650 in perfect condition with case. really really wish i had but i love my stingray so i cant really complain.

i'll get one one day though
  7. Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    What do you folks like specifically about the grabbers?

I have played my friend's G-3 a few times, and he just bought a similar model from the pawn shop in excellent condition. One is colored black and the other is colored wood. Maybe I'll post pics here sometime?

I don't really like the way these basses "feel".