Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show your Gibson Grabbers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TAKEUPARMS, Dec 24, 2005.

1. TAKEUPARMS

TAKEUPARMS

Nov 9, 2005
    To all of you here that have gibson Grabbers, post them here, i haven't been able to see a lot of wine red or walnut Grabbers. can't find any real pictures

2. I don't think anyone oh here has one. :(

I use to have a '79 Ripper and traded that for a '91 Thunderbird which is my main fretted bass for now. I've played the Grabber and like it a lot though.

3. I had a G-3 back in the day. I wish I still had it. Almost gave it away, I sold it so cheap. :(

4. I had a Grabber, my first real bass, but it was stolen in 1982.

Hmmm, maybe I'll see it here.

5. +1! Me too! Black. Awsome looking. Just wish I knew then what I know now about getting a good sound out of a bass with gear and playing technique! I would have never gotten rid of it. Traded for a Rick, though; not too bad a deal... ;)

6. i was going to buy a ripper in september for 650 in perfect condition with case. really really wish i had but i love my stingray so i cant really complain.

i'll get one one day though

7. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    What do you folks like specifically about the grabbers?

I have played my friend's G-3 a few times, and he just bought a similar model from the pawn shop in excellent condition. One is colored black and the other is colored wood. Maybe I'll post pics here sometime?

I don't really like the way these basses "feel".