1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show your Hamer B12 S short scale basses!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theaterbass29, Mar 13, 2008.

1. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Hey Gang,
    Im gassing for a short scale 12 Hamer bass from the 90's. I ordered a brand new 12 from Hamer back in 1994. When I placed the order, I wanted a cherry red 12 short scale, but the guys at Hamer told me they had just finished a new model called the Chapparal. It was going to be 34" scale and would produce richer harmonics and the neck would feel better, for the same price, so I bought it instead. I ended up not liking the Chap and sold it about 2 years later. I then had an endorsement with Warrior Basses and helped them with the first 12 prototype. I told them that the Hamer string spacing was too close, so they made the bridges out of wood. After building the first couple of twelvers, they made me a custom double-neck with a 12ver on top and a 4 string fretless on bottom. It was a killer bass, but was more of a conversation piece than a player, so I got rid of it. I then purchased a SpaceCadet from MusicVox. Great bass for the money, but didnt balance well, so I sold it. Last year I had a deal with Waterstone and I got a TP-2 in the Mod Arrow finish. Probably the best 12ver Ive had to date, but it was just too big, so I sold it. Now, 14 years later, Im wishing I had just gotten what I wanted 14 years ago, because now Hamer is telling me they wont make me a shorty! Hoping to find one soon on ebay!
    -Thanks

2. Here's mine----a 1995:

HPIM0635.

HPIM0637.

3. theaterbass29

theaterbass29

Nov 14, 2003
    Nashville, Tennesse
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Sadowsky, D.Markley, Spector
    Yup, that is the one I was going to order that fateful day. How do you like the short scale. I played a shorty back in 1994 before I ordered mine, in Nashville. I remember it was so comfortable. I think the less tension the better for a 12ver.

4. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    hamer12body.
    hamer12head.

5. I like to do solo work with it also---I tried a long scale, but with my short fingers, I couldn't do anything beyond eighth notes credibly. The short scale seems easier to fret notes and put some speed to it. It is very comfortable to play---top heavy, but the way I play, pinching the body between my body and elbow/inside forearm, it is not a problem.