Show your home brew pedals!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Akito, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    I'm posting this to show off a couple of home made pedals. If anyone wants to post pics, schematics, whatever of their own projects that would be great! I did a search but didn't find a photo thread for home made pedals so here goes.
    This is the Moses II Octave pedal. It has a switch for 1 octave down or the red sea dividing power of 2 octaves down.
    It sounds pretty darn cool and has a nifty green led!
    Thou shalt not play below the d string!
  2. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    The Bootsie envelope filter

3. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    The Heston Moses I. One octave pedal. An early pedal attempt but very functional.
  4. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Man, those look awesome! Any suggestion for some who wants to get in to pedal building?
  5. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    man thats awesome. you should offer your building expertise to those here at tb who are after a custom job!
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah man! I really want to make an OCTAVE UP pedal, but i'm not to intelligent, but i've got all summer!

If anyone could hook me up, please do so! Also, would it be possible to do one octave up and one down that I can pick what I want?
  7. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Those look sweet! Building my own pedal is something I wanna try sometime.
  8. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    It can get very addictive! I'll see if I can post some links to some of the materials. There are a ton of kits and schematics available on the net. I'm thinking of making a planet of the apes damn dirty ape fuzz pedal.
  9. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    i'm thinking of two projets for the summer!! one is a copy of the original guvn'or from the site (guitargadgets) and the other will be a custom booster/loooper for my pedalboard
  10. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I have 3 circuits sitting right next to me. Two of which are done and work, and the third is a wah circuit that isn't finished yet.

I just got my drill press today, so i'll probably start drilling enclosures soon.
  11. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Great idea for a discussion thread, Akito... thanks for starting it. And for sharing -- those are some sweet-looking stomp boxes. :)

I don't have anything to contribute other than kudos. I built my own preamp and modded the heck out of my power amp (actually, pretty much my whole rig is either homebrew or modded), but I haven't done any pedals yet.

When I do, though, I'll have to try to live up to your standards. The Moses II Octave Pedal, indeed. :D

12. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Man those pedals are awsome! Could you post some schematics I need a new hobby and sound to play with.
  13. I love those graphics you did. Are they airbrushed or what did you do to get them on to the enclosures?
  14. High quality printout with a clear coat over top? They look good
  15. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    it goes down TWO octaves? haha sorry for participating in the hijaking of your thread, but that's amazing, zomg schematics plz
  16. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    wow, those are some sick looking graphics on the pedals. any sound clips of these bad boys?

17. FenderStripes

Jun 12, 2005
    Dude, that is so freakin' awesome!! I would LOVE to make my own pedals :) Only if I had the know-how...
  18. Maverick Blues

Maverick Blues Being a Thumper is all about ATTITUDE!

Apr 28, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    FenderStripes, it's all about getting the experience. Just dive in! Start with something really simple, like an A/B box or similar, to pick up basic things like soldering, drilling or punching boxes, graphics and labeling. That'll give you the confidence to try something a bit more challenging. Before you know it you might be knocking out pedals with the best of them!

There's more to it than that, obviously -- like an understand of electronics, components, and sound -- if you want to get into the really challenging stuff or want to design your own devices. But the skills needed to read a simple schematic and build up a stomp box from someone else's design are pretty easy to pick up.

Give it a go, you might surprise yourself. :)

19. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    Where would I go to get info on building?
  20. id love to make some pedals. right now i just want to make a box that has to inputs and one out put and u can blend the sounds of the to inputs. mainly so i can mix a dry and wet sound togarther.

also theres this mxr flanger pedal my ex had that i loved but cant find it any were. had a built in power cord.