Show your Ibanez bass relic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ruju, May 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ruju

ruju

Dec 9, 2017
    Ontario,Canada
    I don’t see too many well worn in Ibanez basses. Of course there’s the SR500 with the dark stain that chips.

I’m a big fan of the relic look (real/fake), and while my SR305E is basically mint, my old SR900 was showing some really nice gigging wear. Before I sold it anyway.

Please share any Ibanez bass or guitar with some character!

2. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I have a 1994 Ibanez SR 500 Soundgear bass and a 1995 Ibanez SR 500 Soundgear bass. Both were bought new by me in there perspective years. From 1994 to 2010 they were my main 2 basses. I still own them and have semi retired them. The 94’ is all original and the 95’ is to with the only exception on it being that I had it painted a crimson metallic color a few weeks after buying it new. My first Soundgear bass was a 1993 SR 400 in crimson metallic. I traded it in to get the 94’ but really loved the color of it. Unfortunately, it was discontinued so I had the 95’ painted to have that color again.

With both of my SR 500’s, they have toured all over the country with me, were the basses I used for all studio work until 2010, were used for doing all of the worship music at my church or for any churches that brought me in and last, have countless hours of of play time from me practicing on them.

You would think that with as much use as they have both had, they would be very road worn. However, both basses are in fantastic shape. My guess would be an 8 out of 10. The black 94’ SR 500 has some very fine surface scratches on the back but that is it. The crimson metallic 95’ SR 500 may also have some but are much harder to see. That bass does have 2 songs on it though. About 10 years ago I was playing at church. There was an issue with something at the soundboard. I play wireless so I went over to the board to troubleshoot. The lady that was running sound that day tried to squeeze behind me to get back into the sound booth but in the process accidentally bumped me and my bass into the soundboard and table supporting it. Thus, it now has 2 very small areas where the paint chipped off. Both areas are maybe 1/8 or maybe even 1/16 of an inch square but it still bums me out to this day that bass has those 2 chips. Because I have always bought my own gear, I have always babied it. I never wear belts or shirts with buttons and for years when I played a concert, I would tuck a soft cloth or hand towel in the front of my pants to protect the bass from the button on my pants or shorts.

ruju likes this.
  3. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Colorado
    I think the wear on my ATK was potentially an "intentional relic" (not by me), but I like it!

Attach27965_20171212_113357.jpg

ruju likes this.
  4. it has its wounds.. 20191229_163607.jpg 20191229_150401.jpg

ruju likes this.
  5. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    27F177D2-ECF9-466C-ACA9-3312133DC025.jpeg

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021